Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Cool MICRON GAUGES JB SUPERNOVA OR INFICON ??

who have JB and who have Inficon micron gauges ?

Post Likes
    Supernova. I find JB products are pretty solid. Although the cord seems to be fraying on mine but she's had rough service life and keeps on ticking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    I own the Supernova, I have compared its readings against a few micron gauges and the test has shown the Supernova to be off by 200-300 microns toward the low end. the sensor failed 6 month after getting it, JB gave me a brand new gauge and 4 or 5 years later haven't had any other issues
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    I have the DV40(wireless) and once the sensor required cleaning it has been problematic sense. My CPS and bluvac are the only ones I have found to be reliable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    I have the DV40(wireless) and once the sensor required cleaning it has been problematic sense. My CPS and bluvac are the only ones I have found to be reliable.

How did you clean it with rubbing alcohol? I only ask cause that's what Suppco said when I had one of there's which eventually conked out but as far as am aware not because of that. Interesting you say CPS has been good cuz I had a vac pump-well bosses- at the time that wouldn't start in the cold, would trip its breaker- they must've known it was a problem as I've never seen a vac pump with its own breaker. Had to bring it in to warm up until evac time. Sorta turned me off CPS personally

"It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    How did you clean it with rubbing alcohol? I only ask cause that's what Suppco said when I had one of there's which eventually conked out but as far as am aware not because of that. Interesting you say CPS has been good cuz I had a vac pump-well bosses- at the time that wouldn't start in the cold, would trip its breaker- they must've known it was a problem as I've never seen a vac pump with its own breaker. Had to bring it in to warm up until evac time. Sorta turned me off CPS personally

Yeah the alcohol is what I use. The CPS has its times where it can need cleaning but always bounces back. I have fieldpiece as well. That functioned about the same as the jb.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamoramax View Post
    Yeah the alcohol is what I use. The CPS has its times where it can need cleaning but always bounces back. I have fieldpiece as well. That functioned about the same as the jb.

Sorry I forgot to ask- what kind of problems did you start having after cleaning. Also what is the wireless like a Bluetooth thing?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    Sorry I forgot to ask- what kind of problems did you start having after cleaning. Also what is the wireless like a Bluetooth thing?

Yes it is bluetooth and works ok ish. It would seem to never get clean. My mic's would bounce around from 1000-1500 . I have cleaned it several times and no change. The stinkin fieldpiece is the same

Post Likes
    Interesting. Maybe send it in for calibration? I wish they-same can be said for all test instruments period regardless of make- would release the black magic and voodoo that goes into calibration. I got a hint from fluke regarding temp or at least a certified recal guy but that's about it

Post Likes
    Any reason BluVac is not being considered?

Looks like some of the newer CPS units are a "copy" of the BluVac.

The bouncing around may be due to poor connection to the system, specifically the core in the port.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    no more JB fans ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Any reason BluVac is not being considered?

Looks like some of the newer CPS units are a "copy" of the BluVac.

The bouncing around may be due to poor connection to the system, specifically the core in the port.
    I have fought with it for a while now. When it works it's great but bluvac is ol trusty and the CPS comes in clutch when the bluvac needs tending to

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    no more JB fans ??
    Had two. Would not buy again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast