Post Likes

Manitowoc water flow?

I have been given a Manitowoc Model ID303W. Cleaned it up hooked up water starting to make ice. Water is pouring out of the bottom drain pipe while it makes ice. Really pouring, like gallons... Is it supposed to do that?
    Probably not. This is at my company so I don't see the water bill but the rate it is coming out I would bet the bill is high. Is this supposed to recirculate the water that runs across the ice cube grill?

Post Likes
    Not familiar with the indigo series but sounds like dump valve stuck
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Two fold,

Water usage will be extreme and the freeze cycles will take much longer and increase compressor run times and energy usage.

You need to place a service call to an authorized manitowoc service company

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I believe it is a water cooled machine dumping the condenser water down the drain instead of into building water loop. There is a good chance this is against code in your state.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    I believe it is a water cooled machine dumping the condenser water down the drain instead of into building water loop. There is a good chance this is against code in your state.
    Thanks for your reply. Don't know what a "building water loop" is. Are you saying the ice maker being a water cooled machine is running as it should but should be connected to a building water loop? How would I find out if this building has a water loop? More important how to connect it. Currently we have a drain pipe through the wall into the grass.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyinfield View Post
    Two fold,

Water usage will be extreme and the freeze cycles will take much longer and increase compressor run times and energy usage.

You need to place a service call to an authorized manitowoc service company

Yes I think a service call might be in order. Gonna check the dump valve first as the first reply suggests. Freeze cycles not bad but water out the drain is about 1.5 gallons per minute. I unplugged the ice maker.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oharek View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Don't know what a "building water loop" is. Are you saying the ice maker being a water cooled machine is running as it should but should be connected to a building water loop? How would I find out if this building has a water loop? More important how to connect it. Currently we have a drain pipe through the wall into the grass.
    If you don't know what I am talking about you should call a service company. This is not a DIY site.

Post Likes
    The W signifies Water Cooled and needs to be hooked up to a seperate water source to cool the refrigerant

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    If you don't know what I am talking about you should call a service company. This is not a DIY site.
    Thanks again. I am looking for a service company now.

Post Likes
    Correction. It is a water cooled machine. Very unlikely meets codes.

Post Likes
    If it's being used to water the grass just make ice everyother day

Post Likes
    Wow ant believe I missed the water cooled in the model ( I need a vacation)
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crazzycajun View Post
    Wow ant believe I missed the water cooled in the model ( I need a vacation)
    Just buy a round!