+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not quite done, but almost.

Post Likes

Not quite done, but almost.

This job is a two part install. Home has 2 systems, we're changing the second one next week. Replacing 2 xl14i total electric systems with a xr17 (2 stage 3 ton) and xr 14 (single stage 1.5 ton) and s9x2 furnaces (converting to propane when he figures out where the tank will be set). The 3 ton system, pictured below with the exception of vent pipes, gas lines, and a new humidifier had a 2 zone ewc zone system, replaced it with an arzel 2 zone heat pump pro. Xl824 on upstairs zone, also going to control the humidifier, and xl624 in the basement linked to nexia through the 824. There are a few things left to tidy up but we'll be back Monday working on the other system on the other side of the garage. Horribly humid here right now so hopefully next week I can get the duct sealed up a little better, no point in trying when it's sweating like that. The garage is mainly a hobby spot, there is a 3 car garage above used for vehicles.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. Likes dbacmc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I would have run all the wiring you have along the duct work in loom tubing or the like makes it look so much neater the rest looks grate

Post Likes

Closer, just missing a humidifier and propane

Forgot to post these. Got the other system changed out. Cleaned and reused a humidifier but waiting in a second one to install on the first system we changed. I like using the 824 thermostats as the humidistat. Do you guys prefer enabling the humidistat feature on capable thermostats as opposed to a humidistat at the return duct?
    "If common sense was so common, everyone would have it."

Post Likes
    looks grate what is the extra seal tite for was it one of those energy manger devices that was removed?

Post Likes
    Thanks, not sure what seal tite you're referring to. They both had water coils for an outdoor wood burner.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    looks grate what is the extra seal tite for was it one of those energy manger devices that was removed?
    Or are you referring to the abandoned propane lines? He used to have 2 tanks sitting there for a fireplace. We're running new lines throughout the house for future tankless water heaters and to hook back up the fireplace. Propane company wouldn't set the tank behind the house, too far from driveway. We are also running a line to his garage in the back yard for another furnace. Propane company wouldn't set a 500 gallon tank because of the heat pumps but agreed to change it if they have to fill too often, which I know will be the end result.

Post Likes
    You got it right and i would find a new propane company if they would not do as i asked them to do

Post Likes

And done

Finally got the humidifiers hooked up and everything completed. Propane company set a 500 gallon tank. Guy said the new lady in the office doesn't know what she's talking about, so that's good.

Post Likes
    Show me a women who knows our trade inside out or the propaine trade and ill show you more men who will do a better job at it

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in