Post Likes

Complete Changout + zoning

I-Harmony Zone system
    S-30 T-stat with 2 in-zone sensors.

https://imgur.com/a/YCEjFuZ

I couldn't get the pictures to upload for some reason so I posted them in an imgur album.

I included a closeup of the surge protector so some of the guys asking about them in the pro section could see how they are installed.

Thoughts or comments?

2. Likes dbacmc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Looks great! Nicely done. Recommendations would be using square to round fitting for return attachment. Run low voltage wire inside a piece of drain line to give it a cleaner look. That lineset does not look like it was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Looks good. I agree with johoff about the wiring and square to round transitions. I like using surge protectors, just a little extra insurance on your work. We've started using them on any ecm/variable equipment. I was wondering about the rather large return grille. What was the tesp? Can't really see but it looks like there are only 2 return pipes, i'm guessing a 10" maybe 12" off the front and what looks like maybe a 7-8" flex off the top. Also it would be a good idea to put the condensate pump inside the safely pan if possible or use another small safety pan for the pump. I've seen them crack from getting kicked or the like quite a few times. Our local gas company would red tag the furnace because of the return grille and combustion air intake in the same room.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Looks great! Nicely done. Recommendations would be using square to round fitting for return attachment. Run low voltage wire inside a piece of drain line to give it a cleaner look. That lineset does not look like it was fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lineset wasn't that bad really, I was able to bend it all in place as one piece only braze joints are the one at the coil and the one at the CU.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    Looks good. I agree with johoff about the wiring and square to round transitions. I like using surge protectors, just a little extra insurance on your work. We've started using them on any ecm/variable equipment. I was wondering about the rather large return grille. What was the tesp? Can't really see but it looks like there are only 2 return pipes, i'm guessing a 10" maybe 12" off the front and what looks like maybe a 7-8" flex off the top. Also it would be a good idea to put the condensate pump inside the safely pan if possible or use another small safety pan for the pump. I've seen them crack from getting kicked or the like quite a few times. Our local gas company would red tag the furnace because of the return grille and combustion air intake in the same room.

It's a 14" off the front and a 10" off the top, the basement lacked a return, this was how my boss told us to add one. The basement wasn't conditioned at all before, now its zone 3, while I don't like zoning basements we have to install what our sales guys sell. The pump was an afterthought, once we found out the drain wasn't going to a floor drain but instead went outside, another pan for it probably isn't a bad idea, but we did connect the safety switch. Your right about the combustion air and return grill being in the same room, and I expected it to fail ( I wanted the inspector to force us to run an intake pipe, because the client didn't want another pipe outside his house), However the inspector didn't fail it, job is considered finished, so most likely won't be going back.

Post Likes
    Have you been installing the Intermatic AG3000 surge protectors on indoor units too or just the outdoor units?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyspop View Post
    Have you been installing the Intermatic AG3000 surge protectors on indoor units too or just the outdoor units?
    Outdoor only, this is mostly to protect the power sensitive inventor on these units.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bhenry1013 View Post
    ( I wanted the inspector to force us to run an intake pipe, because the client didn't want another pipe outside his house), However the inspector didn't fail it, job is considered finished, so most likely won't be going back.
    You could always use a concentric kit. It's one pipe out doors, but lets you have ourdoor air.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/3-in-PVC...ENT3/204514478

I like the filter box location.

FYI Our Lennox rep has told us to never attach the smart hub to the furnace or ductwork. I believe vibration is the reason. (he's supposed to be in next week, I'll try to remember to ask)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann6 View Post
    You could always use a concentric kit. It's one pipe out doors, but lets you have ourdoor air.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/3-in-PVC...ENT3/204514478

I like the filter box location.

FYI Our Lennox rep has told us to never attach the smart hub to the furnace or ductwork. I believe vibration is the reason. (he's supposed to be in next week, I'll try to remember to ask)
    You're also not supposed to connect the zone-board to the furnace or ductwork. Vibration is the reason I was given as well. sadly I couldn't fit it next to the wine rack, and he is putting shelving on the other side of the unit, so unless I remote mounted it somewhere else that's where it's gotta stay. But you are correct.