Post Likes

Ranco K55 thermostat

I was working on BlueAir two door refrigerator M#BASR2 S#LTR2-G04-006 and mechanical thermostat failed. It had Ranco K55-Q5618, manufacturer claims that they don't make it anymore. So I was trying to do reaserch online but could not find any info, unless its been replaced by some other model#. I install an A30-180, it seems its working ok but differential is kind of high at 13F. If anybody has any info on this t-stat, please let me know. Thanks!!

Post Likes
    The control you have chosen is typically used for ice machine bin level control.

In your situation, is the BASR2 setup air or coil sensing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Get yourself the A12-1560 if you need a long cap tube style , or the A12-1506 which is pigtailed if you simply want to shove the pigtail bulb in

Both of these are designed to mount IN THE COIL so it knows if ice is forming

These are all I carry now because they work flawless

If the coil has a hole going thru it to accept a cap tube sensor , then use the A12-1560 and insert into the hole going deep into the coil

Otherwise , I usually take my flat blade screwdriver , near the center of coil , shove it between the fins and twist it , to make a 2 inch deep hole , now shove the A12-1506 "Pigtail" in there

Then set on number 5 and walk away ..

I carry 4 of these at all times

P. S …. "Freezers" ….. if you need a stat for a Freezer , they all use AIR Sensing stats , and you can use any kind it does not matter what brand or what bulb or cap tube you choose because they just hang out in the air ( never mount them in coil )

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ckone180 View Post
    The control you have chosen is typically used for ice machine bin level control.

In your situation, is the BASR2 setup air or coil sensing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It a coil sensing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drage93 View Post
    It a coil sensing.
    Then get the 1560 or 701

Post Likes
    So far a30-180 is working if it starts to give me problems I will switch to constant cut in and for future use. Thanks for the info.