Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    I think college fb is more screwed up than the nfl.

Big fat government supported universities, bringing in "students" who are not qualified to be there, and paying coaches millions of dollars. Id be okay with them doing whatever they want...as long as no government money was doled their way...
    Have you lost your mind completely Scoobie. Government money doesn't give a dime to college football.

College football funds the all the other school's non fund generating sports and all the non self supporting women sports with all the cash from TV, ticket sales, selling merchandise, advertising, etc. they bring in.

What a joke. Football helps support colleges and all their programs.

Geez unbelievable. Give us all a break Scoobie. Research and think before you post blunders like that. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    suppose apple pie and baseball and hot dogs have pretty much nothing to do with America either huh ? funny how a person can twist and manipulate an argument to fit their political ideology

how many seats have democrats lost nationwide over the last 9 years, 1,200 or so ? go ahead, keep thinking football has nothing to do with the founding of this country or fallen veterans, need to retain the house and senate and get more of Trumps agenda through, may as well throw in another justice while we are at it

BTW, we already figured out the radical left has no intention of compromising
    I'm pretty sure football had nothing to do with the founding of the country.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    What about baseball and hot dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Have you lost your mind completely Scoobie. Government money doesn't give a dime to college football.

College football funds the all the other school's non fund generating sports and all the non self supporting women sports with all the cash from TV, ticket sales, selling merchandise, advertising, etc. they bring in.

Geez unbelievable. Give us all a break Scoobie. Research and think before you post blunders like that. Thank you, thank you very much
    The only reason colllege football exists in its present form is because of big fat government entitys with the purpose of educating. Leaching on to the university. Bringing in “students” who don’t qualify, making fat cats richer...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post

you mean the part that football is not an American sport ? suppose Ford motor cars have nothing to do with the founding of this country either, or that the founding of this country has nothing to do with Ford motor cars ? ? ?

maybe if football was not being played on a national level and being broadcast across the world ? but it is

Post Likes
    everybody has voiced their opinion so ...

yeah, we should be able to live in a borderless world, the sad reality is we cant, and as much as a person ( like myself ) finds nationalism and wars foolish and a sad testament to mankind, reality is both are needed too .... so out of respect to those individuals who gave their limbs and lives defending your ability to protest your government in a hostile world how about you show some damn respect and stand for the National Anthem, find another platform to voice your concern for any inequalities you perceive to be happening

how disingenuous .... the only solution to perceived injustices is to unite everyone for justice for all so you pick a divisive method to unite everyone, exactly what is it you are trying to accomplish, sure is not uniting people for a common cause
    Last edited by hvacskills; 09-06-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    What about baseball and hot dogs?
    Yes. Both of those things.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    you mean the part that football is not an American sport ? suppose Ford motor cars have nothing to do with the founding of this country either, or that the founding of this country has nothing to do with Ford motor cars ? ? ?

maybe if football was not being played on a national level and being broadcast across the world ? but it is
    I don't think football existed when the country was founded. Ford automobiles didn't either.

Post Likes

This is only true at the biggest colleges, what about all the high schools who train the players for example?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    This is only true at the biggest colleges, what about all the high schools who train the players for example?
    I believe this if part of the education of young teenagers to develop their physical abilities, personality, courage and team building they can use in later life to be successful men and leaders.

Yeah. Similar to serving in the military somewhat. Yeah. Instead of growing up to be a hot house flower and or a nerd. Makes a mad out of you. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    The only reason colllege football exists in its present form is because of big fat government entitys with the purpose of educating. Leaching on to the university. Bringing in “students” who don’t qualify, making fat cats richer...
    Nice back tracking, crawfishing and recovery their Scoobie. Yeah A for effort but no prize. LOL. Thank you very much

Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    I believe this if part of the education of young teenagers to develop their physical abilities, personality, courage and team building they can use in later life to be successful men and leaders.

Yeah. Similar to serving in the military somewhat. Yeah. Instead of growing up to be a hot house flower and or a nerd. Makes a mad out of you. Thank you very much
    I get that football has a strong tradition, and support it being offered at high schools. But I recognize that it is one of if not the most expensive sports. And would venture that profits from the big college football programs do not offset the money outflow from government for football elsewhere.

Post Likes
    I don't worry about how well the football programs work. Teaching simple math skills needs to catch up to the sports accomplishments ASAP. Checkers at stores can't do the simplest of math without a computer. I had a bill of $15.07 and gave the checker a $20. She rang it up before I dug out the $0.07 and neither her or the sacker could figure out the change I had coming. I'm not exaggerating this happened. The brainwashing in the schoolsw is not unlike the Nazi's used in the schools and their math and science skills suffered like ours is now.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast