Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    More specifically, they are highly paid entertainers.

Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Because 99% of Americans who work know for a fact that you dont have that right at work. He got crapped on for it. He earned it.

McCain was in a war, and experienced many things thousands of others have, that doesnt make him a hero.

The anthem is played to honor what is being played in this great country, originally without interference from government and outside processes, often for sports that were created in this country, and for the freedom to do it.

No one should give a crap what the players think during the anthem or any other time they play. They're paid workers. They should perform their duties as specified by the contracts they sign. Just like all the other workers out there.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

2. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Would have been better off ignoring his protest it only blew up when he got shit on for it and that started feeding the old controversy tornado and then Trump weighed in (of course) and suddenly it became a protest against Trump too. It's just a stupid game I don't get why they need anthems before the game starts anyway do you forget what country you are in when you buy a ticket? Save the anthems for international events.

Post Likes
    It's a National pride thing. And to be thankful and respectful of how much [how many lives] we have sacrificed to build this country and gain our Freedom.

Guess you guys don't have that up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Would have been better off ignoring his protest it only blew up when he got shit on for it and that started feeding the old controversy tornado and then Trump weighed in (of course) and suddenly it became a protest against Trump too. It's just a stupid game I don't get why they need anthems before the game starts anyway do you forget what country you are in when you buy a ticket? Save the anthems for international events.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

5. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Please explain and/or give a source for right of free speech in the work place you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I don't think he sucks, I don't think he's great. But someone should've signed him up. All he did was exercise his right to free speech, and got vilified. I know a guy who said McCain wasn't a war hero. He's still acting like a big baby about it, and nothing done to him. Which person is more/less patriotic?
    I find the whole controversy stupid (and yet I'm weighing in).
    Why is the national anthem even played at a sporting event? If it was never shown on camera, and Trump wasn't poop-tweeting about it, no one would care.
    How is kneeling for the national anthem related to what he's even protesting? Before this controversy, most of the players kind of just stood there, rocking back and forth, psyching themselves up. Some would say the national anthem. Who knew what they were thinking? No one cared.
    Now....sheesh.

7. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Nike will NOT be on my buy list!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

9. Likes lions_lair, HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    I support the players right to kneel in protest and even I think this was a dumb choice. But maybe they simply thought it would get lots of attention (it has and will), and that the extra free advertisement from all the fuss would outweigh any customers they lose.
    davida, your employee kneels to disrespect the flag in front of some of your patriotic customers? You are good with that?

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

11. Likes lions_lair, HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    screw nike and there high priced made in china stuff . the only time i buy nike is on the close out at Ross dress for less , and that won’t happen ever again either
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    Everyone go out and buy that nike junk you paid hard earned dollars for......... toss it all on the bonfire.... lol

Saw that on the news tonight.... people burning their stuff..... lol

"I paid good money for this cheap chinese junk and now I am going to set fire to it because adidas hired copurnicus"
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Everyone go out and buy that nike junk you paid hard earned dollars for......... toss it all on the bonfire.... lol

Saw that on the news tonight.... people burning their stuff..... lol

"I paid good money for this cheap chinese junk and now I am going to set fire to it because adidas hired copurnicus"
    They were burning yours, ah ha! Made you look....

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Nike will do just fine, I'm pretty sure that if all the Trumpster fans quit buying their sneakers sales might drop by less than 1%. On the other hand the antitrumpers will more than make up the difference.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Nike will NOT be on my buy list!
    I heard their stock dropped 4% today
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes

Colin Kaepernick signs huge deal with Nike

Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    davida, your employee kneels to disrespect the flag in front of some of your patriotic customers? You are good with that?
    my employees don’t have a contract so complicated you need a team of lawyers to comprehend it

I am glad the league changed the rules for this season to require standing for the anthem, but think they did the right thing letting last season play out
    Last edited by davidadavis; 09-05-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Post Likes
    Let's see...he knelt because blacks are supposed to be oppressed and suffer police brutality.
    The nfl is 68 percent black...the whites are being discriminated against ...where is affirmative action for whites....blacks are about 12 percent of the population ..so there should be about 12 percent of the players black....one in eight...but they are 2 out of three...so there is roughly...without doing the math...a 550 percent favouritism for the blacks.
    Where is the unfairness to blacks?
    If we give that same favouritism to whites..then about one in 65 players would be black.
    The police shooting that BLM was formed from turned out to be a good shooting...so colon is literally a piece of crap...So Nike is also supporting these falsehoods..They will fire you for anything that damages your Image..Nike hires this guy due to his pathetic image...wow...The guy is an absolute Racist all the way through.
    And Nike is hoping to up sales to more blacks...by using a racist...Nike is now about racism..
    Anyone who wears Nike needs to toss em in the trash now IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

19. Likes Hugh B, lions_lair liked this post
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast