Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 243
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Broomall, PA
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Likes
    I don't think he sucks, I don't think he's great. But someone should've signed him up. All he did was exercise his right to free speech, and got vilified. I know a guy who said McCain wasn't a war hero. He's still acting like a big baby about it, and nothing done to him. Which person is more/less patriotic?
    I find the whole controversy stupid (and yet I'm weighing in).
    Why is the national anthem even played at a sporting event? If it was never shown on camera, and Trump wasn't poop-tweeting about it, no one would care.
    How is kneeling for the national anthem related to what he's even protesting? Before this controversy, most of the players kind of just stood there, rocking back and forth, psyching themselves up. Some would say the national anthem. Who knew what they were thinking? No one cared.
    Now....sheesh.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    21,628
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    All he did was exercise his right to free speech, and got vilified.
    Because 99% of Americans who work know for a fact that you dont have that right at work. He got crapped on for it. He earned it.

    McCain was in a war, and experienced many things thousands of others have, that doesnt make him a hero.

    The anthem is played to honor what is being played in this great country, originally without interference from government and outside processes, often for sports that were created in this country, and for the freedom to do it.

    No one should give a crap what the players think during the anthem or any other time they play. They're paid workers. They should perform their duties as specified by the contracts they sign. Just like all the other workers out there.

  3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
  4. #16
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    24,541
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I don't think he sucks, I don't think he's great. But someone should've signed him up. All he did was exercise his right to free speech, and got vilified. I know a guy who said McCain wasn't a war hero. He's still acting like a big baby about it, and nothing done to him. Which person is more/less patriotic?
    I find the whole controversy stupid (and yet I'm weighing in).
    Why is the national anthem even played at a sporting event? If it was never shown on camera, and Trump wasn't poop-tweeting about it, no one would care.
    How is kneeling for the national anthem related to what he's even protesting? Before this controversy, most of the players kind of just stood there, rocking back and forth, psyching themselves up. Some would say the national anthem. Who knew what they were thinking? No one cared.
    Now....sheesh.
    You do not have a right to free speech in the workplace. If you are thinking of the first amendment, that only protects you from the state and the federal government, not from an employer. An employer sets the rules in the workplace.

    For example, imagine going to a restaurant or other retail outlet and the employees start insulting you and yelling epitaphs at you. If you contend that they have a right to do that, then you also support the employer firing them on the spot. Which is what the NFL should have done to upcake.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  5. Likes HVAC_Marc, glennac, Hugh B, lions_lair liked this post
  6. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Broomall, PA
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Likes
    GEEZ...You're under the impression I agree with him or think he was right.
    My point was, no one ever cared about what the players did during the national anthem before this. It was hardly even shown. Taking a knee is a stupid way to try to get a point across that has nothing to do with the national anthem. It wasn't a problem until people made it a problem.
    Does anyone know the NFL's official policy regarding what to do for the national anthem before the media made a big deal out of him? There really wasn't one.
    Standing for a song doesn't make you a patriot (or not a patriot), just like mumbling thru a church service doesn't make you a good christian).
    We have real problems in the country/world. This one hardly deserves anyone's time.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

  7. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Desert Southwest
    Posts
    964
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Now they're marketing with a guy who isn't even playing a sport?

    I like how he's suing the NFL for colluding to keep him out, too. Meanwhile Nike was plenty OK with not wanting to associate with Tiger Woods when his scandal erupted. But that decision probably wasn't about money, right?

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I heard on NPR it is going to arbritration so I imagine he will end up with a settlement for an undisclosed amount.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

  8. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Louisburg Kansas
    Posts
    3,454
    Post Likes
    I can't decide if he is more stupid than ugly or more ugly than stupid. I hope Nike is stuck with the contract. That will help me decide he may be really ugly but not so stupid.

  9. Likes lions_lair liked this post
  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,849
    Post Likes

  11. Likes lions_lair, davidadavis, Missouri Guy liked this post
  12. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,892
    Post Likes
    looks as if Nike has made a calculated financial decision that they will be able to increase their revenue by targeting a certain market, people that hate America

  13. Likes lions_lair liked this post
  14. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,892
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
    I heard on NPR it is going to arbritration so I imagine he will end up with a settlement for an undisclosed amount.
    yeah, wonder how much luck he would have arbitrating in Cuba

  15. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,433
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    The biggest name in sports apparel has gone all in with Colin Kaepernick, basically saying FU to Trump and a lot of other people. Quite stunning and controversial to say the least. He will make millions and have his own line of clothes and sneakers. They are going to practically make him the face of Nike.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rsary-campaign
    Not with any of my hard earned money.

    Time to put an end to Colon Caperdick, the stinkin shoe company he kneels in & the Hate-America-First media that keeps Colon in the spotlight..




  16. Likes Hugh B liked this post
  17. #24
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    24,541
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    .

    [Like]
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  18. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
  19. #25
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    24,541
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
    Not with any of my hard earned money.

    Time to put an end to Colon Caperdick, the stinkin shoe company he kneels in & the Hate-America-First media that keeps Colon in the spotlight..



    .

    [Like]
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  20. #26
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    24,541
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    I can't decide if he is more stupid than ugly or more ugly than stupid. I hope Nike is stuck with the contract. That will help me decide he may be really ugly but not so stupid.
    .

    [Like]
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •