Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    SARASOTA, FL
    Posts
    45
    Post Likes

    CRAPPY CHEAP INSTALLATION

    READY WITH YOUR COMMENTS ??

    GOOOOOOOO
    Name:  AZ39uAOmSKCzdeRrGgd5ZQ.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  65.1 KB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    SARASOTA, FL
    Posts
    45
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    HORIZONTAL IN THE GARAGE

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    672
    Post Likes
    Im assuming thats on the ceiling in a garage? Is that plaster of Paris on the duct work or a duct seal masterpiece?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    SARASOTA, FL
    Posts
    45
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter

    Confused

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    Im assuming thats on the ceiling in a garage? Is that plaster of Paris on the duct work or a duct seal masterpiece?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    both lol
    cabinet is sweating because the high static pressure, also did you not the vertical strap that hold the air handler ??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    829
    Post Likes
    Looks like a joy to service. I changed an attic system out several weeks ago that they used strapping nailed to the rafters and then suspended the unit in 2 2x4s. How they got it to stay so close to perfect is beyond me. Let me guess, there's 2 straps in front of the doors too? Please tell me it isn't suspended by the doors.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Bay Area, Ca
    Posts
    260
    Post Likes
    YOU'RE FIRED! that's what comes to mind.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    SARASOTA, FL
    Posts
    45
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    Looks like a joy to service. I changed an attic system out several weeks ago that they used strapping nailed to the rafters and then suspended the unit in 2 2x4s. How they got it to stay so close to perfect is beyond me. Let me guess, there's 2 straps in front of the doors too? Please tell me it isn't suspended by the doors.
    condenser strap on the other side, i'm not joking !!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    829
    Post Likes
    Well at least the condensate drain is insulated so they don't have to worry about it dripping.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    20,923
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    cabinet is sweating because the high static pressure
    cabinet is sweating because there is water vapor in the garage that has condensed on the colder cabinet parts. static pressure doesnt create cold spots.

    that installation is far better than most here and IMO there is little wrong with it. the hanging apparatus needs some work.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    SARASOTA, FL
    Posts
    45
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    cabinet is sweating because there is water vapor in the garage that has condensed on the colder cabinet parts. static pressure doesnt create cold spots.

    that installation is far better than most here and IMO there is little wrong with it. the hanging apparatus needs some work.
    lets move to NY we gonna make lots of money fixing installations like this LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.