+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannot click 'Likes' on iPad

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    I picked up a "Bug", due to relaxing my Security Software, while "Socializing" on another Site.

My remaining "Active Software" gave me a Warning, but, ... My PC Still became Possessed.

I was ready to pull the remaining hair that I have, outa my head cuz', I thought that I lost all kinds of Data.

After approx. 30 hours of frustration, ... I got my PC back up, & recovered 99% of my files & folders.

I'll never, ever, intentionally go through that again, so, .... I can do with out the "Like Button", if I have to.

I'll just employ the Good Ole & reliable
    Macrium Reflect is the best friend you can have. The free version works fine and includes scheduling. My production machine (system & data drives) is scheduled to be imaged 3 times weekly in the wee hours. It turns the system on and puts it back to sleep when finished. Production machine has the paid version, all other machines run the free version. I used the free version for years on production with no issues (and never failed me when needed). Takes 20 minutes to restore a partition to whatever state you want (and have already imaged).

You can't image a partition to itself, so you'll need a separate partition/drive to image to. I image to a dedicated partition on the PC and once a week to an offline drive.

Once set up, it's not as much work as it sounds like. And when you need it? Hallelujah!

PS - I tolerated Acronis for years. No need to try them, as they refuse to fix bugs. Works but requires constant fiddling.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Macrium Reflect is the best friend you can have. The free version works fine and includes scheduling. My production machine (system & data drives) is scheduled to be imaged 3 times weekly in the wee hours. It turns the system on and puts it back to sleep when finished. Production machine has the paid version, all other machines run the free version. I used the free version for years on production with no issues (and never failed me when needed). Takes 20 minutes to restore a partition to whatever state you want (and have already imaged).

You can't image a partition to itself, so you'll need a separate partition/drive to image to. I image to a dedicated partition on the PC and once a week to an offline drive.

Once set up, it's not as much work as it sounds like. And when you need it? Hallelujah!

PS - I tolerated Acronis for years. No need to try them, as they refuse to fix bugs. Works but requires constant fiddling.
    Thanks Vin! I'll look in to that.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    NO LIKEE BUTTON! I see some folks have the ability, but not meeeee....

On firefox or chrome...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    NO LIKEE BUTTON! I see some folks have the ability, but not meeeee....

On firefox or chrome...
    Try the "optional Like Button" Juan >>>>>>
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Doesn't work for me on IPAd or desktop

Post Likes
    Any update? Still can't click 'likes', iPad or Chrome. Also, can't manage attachments on iPad-can't click a photo to add it 'inline'.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    I can only use my computer on desktop for some functions on here as well

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Has this been resolved? I can see when I get likes, but not when I give them.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Has this been resolved? I can see when I get likes, but not when I give them.
    I get notified also but cant like / dislike!

Post Likes
    Like Dad said, the new IT guys don't care. For them to fix the problem, they would have to actually do something. Wonder how they would feel if their HVAC system went down, and we treated them the way they are treating us?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    This past week we were notified by corp IT they had to send the issue to another department higher up in the digital chain.

So, we are still waiting.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Like Dad said, the new IT guys don't care. For them to fix the problem, they would have to actually do something. Wonder how they would feel if their HVAC system went down, and we treated them the way they are treating us?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    This past week we were notified by corp IT they had to send the issue to another department higher up in the digital chain.

So, we are still waiting.

That sounds like "Business as Usual" with the Government.

Howz about starting a Petition, herein the Group, for the "New IT" to "Please get their Kaka together over this matter", in so many "Politically Correct words", & then either sending that petition directly to Penton Corporate, or pointing out to Penton Corporate that it exists herein the Forum?

Post Likes
    You get what you pay for.

Are you advocating we begin paying a monthly fee?

I'd prefer to deal with the hassle of ignoring the trolls like MM than paying a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post

That sounds like "Business as Usual" with the Government.

Howz about starting a Petition, herein the Group, for the "New IT" to "Please get their Kaka together over this matter", in so many "Politically Correct words", & then either sending that petition directly to Penton Corporate, or pointing out to Penton Corporate that it exists herein the Forum?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Some people tend to be lazy even if it is there job, I am sure that they can do something about it but they don't give damn.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    You get what you pay for.

Are you advocating we begin paying a monthly fee?

I'd prefer to deal with the hassle of ignoring the trolls like MM than paying a fee.
    No Sir, .... I'm "Advocating" that if the new "IT" people are "dragging their feet" on properly Maintaining HVACtalk, ... Then the Corporate Heads at Penton, just "might" get involved if a Petition was sent to them that had many Contractors that wanted HVACtalk maintained in the fashion that it was before all of this trouble.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joyknights View Post
    Some people tend to be lazy even if it is there job, I am sure that they can do something about it but they don't give damn.

kinda like Politicians Eh Joy?

Post Likes
    I was thinking there was a problem with the "like" button the other day. Thankfully before it could consume me ATT froze my email for some unknown reason. Of course the email they sent that said they did so never made it to the only email I really use!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in