Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I picked up a "Bug", due to relaxing my Security Software, while "Socializing" on another Site.

My remaining "Active Software" gave me a Warning, but, ... My PC Still became Possessed.

I was ready to pull the remaining hair that I have, outa my head cuz', I thought that I lost all kinds of Data.

After approx. 30 hours of frustration, ... I got my PC back up, & recovered 99% of my files & folders.

I'll never, ever, intentionally go through that again, so, .... I can do with out the "Like Button", if I have to.

I'll just employ the Good Ole & reliable
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    I picked up a "Bug", due to relaxing my Security Software, while "Socializing" on another Site.

My remaining "Active Software" gave me a Warning, but, ... My PC Still became Possessed.

I was ready to pull the remaining hair that I have, outa my head cuz', I thought that I lost all kinds of Data.

After approx. 30 hours of frustration, ... I got my PC back up, & recovered 99% of my files & folders.

I'll never, ever, intentionally go through that again, so, .... I can do with out the "Like Button", if I have to.

I'll just employ the Good Ole & reliable
    Macrium Reflect is the best friend you can have. The free version works fine and includes scheduling. My production machine (system & data drives) is scheduled to be imaged 3 times weekly in the wee hours. It turns the system on and puts it back to sleep when finished. Production machine has the paid version, all other machines run the free version. I used the free version for years on production with no issues (and never failed me when needed). Takes 20 minutes to restore a partition to whatever state you want (and have already imaged).

You can't image a partition to itself, so you'll need a separate partition/drive to image to. I image to a dedicated partition on the PC and once a week to an offline drive.

Once set up, it's not as much work as it sounds like. And when you need it? Hallelujah!

PS - I tolerated Acronis for years. No need to try them, as they refuse to fix bugs. Works but requires constant fiddling.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Macrium Reflect is the best friend you can have. The free version works fine and includes scheduling. My production machine (system & data drives) is scheduled to be imaged 3 times weekly in the wee hours. It turns the system on and puts it back to sleep when finished. Production machine has the paid version, all other machines run the free version. I used the free version for years on production with no issues (and never failed me when needed). Takes 20 minutes to restore a partition to whatever state you want (and have already imaged).

You can't image a partition to itself, so you'll need a separate partition/drive to image to. I image to a dedicated partition on the PC and once a week to an offline drive.

Once set up, it's not as much work as it sounds like. And when you need it? Hallelujah!

PS - I tolerated Acronis for years. No need to try them, as they refuse to fix bugs. Works but requires constant fiddling.
    Thanks Vin! I'll look in to that.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    NO LIKEE BUTTON! I see some folks have the ability, but not meeeee....

On firefox or chrome...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    NO LIKEE BUTTON! I see some folks have the ability, but not meeeee....

On firefox or chrome...
    Try the "optional Like Button" Juan >>>>>>

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Doesn't work for me on IPAd or desktop

Post Likes
    Any update? Still can't click 'likes', iPad or Chrome. Also, can't manage attachments on iPad-can't click a photo to add it 'inline'.
    Uh...Google it yourself!

Post Likes
    I can only use my computer on desktop for some functions on here as well

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Has this been resolved? I can see when I get likes, but not when I give them.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Has this been resolved? I can see when I get likes, but not when I give them.
    I get notified also but cant like / dislike!

Post Likes
    Like Dad said, the new IT guys don't care. For them to fix the problem, they would have to actually do something. Wonder how they would feel if their HVAC system went down, and we treated them the way they are treating us?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast