Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    You have to read the specs on the meter you're buying. Is the Fluke 902 the all in one HVAC meter, no. It's missing millivolts, Hz, and Mohms. It does however, what it says it will do very well. I've never had an issue with any of my Fluke meters. I know their limitations though. With that said, they're all made in China these days, so you may have a bad meter. If you were truly not reading 25 ohms, then I would be taking it back and getting a new one. If you expected it to read Mega ohms, well, sorry to say but that's your fault.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Don’t beat me up too bad guys,no fluke. I have used my UEi 389 for the last 5yrs. I have a back up, a new UEi 389. This is a great HVAC specific clamp meter. I would buy another tomarrow if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have a 902 and a 87 with a clamp probe, and another I rarely use, don't remember the number exactly at this point. Every meter has it's place, and you need the meter that is right for the job. Most of the time I will get by with the 902 but when I need them the others are handy.

4. Likes under pressure liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The cheapest Fluke that can do megohms is probably going to be the 175. It can also do millivolts, but not microamps. The 87V can do microvolts, millivolts, microamps, milliamps, and up to 50 megohms. If you need a voltage Lo-Z mode or resistance up to 500 megs, you have to jump up to the 287 or the 289.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    Long story short
    i have a Fluke FC 902 a very nice, and expensive, clamp meter.
    Today i was homing a shorted compressor for the first time with this meter, and was showing OL.
    So i checked with my cheap Fieldpiece SC 53 and was showing a short to the ground, something like 25 ohm.
    i can't believe that a expensive meter made just for HVAC by Fluke is reading K ohms and not m ohms
    am i doing something wrong ?
    I'm assuming that you meant 25 Mohms. FWIW that is not a short.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    You have to read the specs on the meter you're buying. Is the Fluke 902 the all in one HVAC meter, no. It's missing millivolts, Hz, and Mohms. It does however, what it says it will do very well. I've never had an issue with any of my Fluke meters. I know their limitations though. With that said, they're all made in China these days, so you may have a bad meter. If you were truly not reading 25 ohms, then I would be taking it back and getting a new one. If you expected it to read Mega ohms, well, sorry to say but that's your fault.
    Anyway i just ordered a Fieldpiece SC 440

i do a lot of residential and need a meter that do it all.

the 902 will be my back up or a post on craigslist LOL

8. Likes Core_d liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    Anyway i just ordered a Fieldpiece SC 440

i do a lot of residential and need a meter that do it all.

the 902 will be my back up or a post on craigslist LOL
    I have the 440 and really like it. It is a great all around hvac meter. Sent it in and paid to have it repaired recently- they sent back a new one. I have a fluke 376 and it is faster but the 440 is my every day meter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Max View Post
    I have the 440 and really like it. It is a great all around hvac meter. Sent it in and paid to have it repaired recently- they sent back a new one. I have a fluke 376 and it is faster but the 440 is my every day meter.
    Mine is not here yet
    i use to work with a small SC53 and was great but too old and very basic.
    So i've decided to get a new one and the Fluke 902 seems to be the perfect choice but.....cannot test motors
    So decided for the SC440 but was not an easy choice since i was comparing it with the HS 36 another good all around meter, in my opinion .

Post Likes
    Just got my FP sc440 today
    very nice meter i have to say im happy with my choice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12