+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone still using FP Joblink probes?

Post Likes

Anyone still using FP Joblink probes?

I'm still trying my best to like them, but just can't seem to warm up to all the hassles of wireless connection and sorta slow display update speed. I've resorted to using the psychrometers and a YJ P51-870 for the pressures and temps. One real gripe, no logging on FP, while the YJ does it automatically. I don't have to think, did I take a screenshot, or email a report to myself, just hook up the YJ and it's all there when I want to archive it, very cool!
    Maybe the next gen FP will be a bit better.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    I'm still trying my best to like them, but just can't seem to warm up to all the hassles of wireless connection and sorta slow display update speed. I've resorted to using the psychrometers and a YJ P51-870 for the pressures and temps. One real gripe, no logging on FP, while the YJ does it automatically. I don't have to think, did I take a screenshot, or email a report to myself, just hook up the YJ and it's all there when I want to archive it, very cool!
    Maybe the next gen FP will be a bit better.
    Have you tried them with MQ (MeasureQuick)? We made so significant improvements to the wireless connections. We also have trending, and looging is on the way.
    JLB,

3. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I, too, recommend using them with MeasureQuick. I have had better connectivity and I like the display better on MQ.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

5. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I am now getting used to MQ and so far (limited use) I really like it. I know software can't be all things to all people, but I would love to have an abbreviated app for quick checks, but on the other hand with all the info, it makes missing something lot less likely. Great job on MQ guys.

7. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    That’s basically all I use now fp probes and MQ. Takes me less than a couple minutes to set air probes up clamps and pressure probes and enter basic system info. Once you do it for a few days it becomes second nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    How good is the accuracy of the Fieldpiece wireless pipe clamps. Do the probes come with a means of connecting a manifold to add or remove charge?
    -Marty

Post Likes
    No complaints on accuracy, they're spot on, temp, pressure and psychrometers all. You will need a tee to add refer to a system. I use one of the single valves intended for small systems in. water coolers etc. No big problem.
    My gripes are connectivity with FP, (which I like because it's simple and usually all I need, without sifting thru a ton of menus), and no logging function. I usually just save a screenshot, or send a report. My YJ 870 logs everything automatically, now that's the right way to implement logs!

Post Likes
    Really contemplating picking up a set of the Fieldpiece probes.
    What type of set up do you all use for charging?
    Also, can you use the probes when vacuuming a system?

Post Likes
    No not useful for vacuum. I use a tee for charging.

14. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I love mine, zero issues. I use on startups and problem systems. I connect the job link, a hose from true suction to a Freon jug and wahla no more leaky manifolds to deal with!

16. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Really, a lot of times connectivity distance is not a big deal. I love being able to throw to psychrometers in the ducts and be able to read them outside. I still use my YJ 870 most of the time outside. I know folks don't like the 870, but I've tried them all and I absolutely love them. I can't think of a single gripe with them. I wish the technology had advanced to the place where you could read wireless psyc's from the 870, now that would be fantastic, but it's only convenience, not functionality at issue.
    I'm still fooling with MQ and liking it more, the more I use it.
    I worked on a couple commercial fridges the other day and it's really nice to reach under put a FP pressure probe on and adjust the charge without having to stand on your head or have a bunch of long hoses.

Post Likes
    I have used the FP SMAN for a while, I am currently using the SMAN4 and really like the product, but the thought of no hoses and no clamp wires to maintain is kinda compelling.
    I am just real cautious about dropping that kind of $$$ on something without reading some reviews first.

So you guys that use the Tee for charging purposes, do you not use a manifold of some sort to throttle the refrigerant flow on and off?

Post Likes
    No tee needed on heatpumps. Hook single hose with ballvalve hooked up to true suction and freon bottle. Regulate with ballvalve. Guess on straight cool or reefer is only time to use a tee.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoob View Post
    No tee needed on heatpumps. Hook single hose with ballvalve hooked up to true suction and freon bottle. Regulate with ballvalve. Guess on straight cool or reefer is only time to use a tee.
    Good Deal, I did not even think of using a ball valve.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoob View Post

Good Deal.... Did not think of using a ball valve.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in