Post Likes

York YK Microboard upgrade issues

So I installed the optiview microboard retrofit kit 031-03630-001 on a YK chiller to replace the existing microboard.
    Followed the enclosed instructions and applied power.
    The screen displays the York logo and the progress bar. The progress bar loads up to about 99% and does nothing else. The aplha numerical led display on the microboard itself shows "SH"..
    Anyone run into this or have any suggestions?

Thank you

Post Likes
    Nevermind, I figured it out.
    In other news, Im an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    It happens to all of us. I did this kit back in July and couldn't get it to see the VSD. Chased my tail for a while before I realized that the Comm protocol kept reverting back to "York" after I changed it to "ModBus". Simple fix once I removed my head from my backside.

Post Likes
    My first time loading the software in the microboard. I misread the instructions and thought it said sw1 through 4 all need to be on, instead of the proper way of just #4 on sw1 turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'm doing a similar retrofit, but I'm not communicating on the Modbus. This MV-SSS has the older 031-02873 board. I'm trying to understand line 14 where is says to connect the 12vdc + to the starter. Whatever for?

Post Likes
    What did you do in regards to connecting the Modbus to the Starter? I think the instructions are wrong regarding connecting 12v to the comm.

Post Likes
    Ok, so I found a Benshaw manual, worked out the Modbus issue and I'm ready to start the beast. The problem I'm having now is since the BRAM went dead on the original board, the sales info is blank. I can't get to the box to enter the motor information. The panel doesn't like the 0228 password, so I need to get an admin password (I believe) The default is 19 to 65 amps.

Post Likes
    Is this on the 3630 board you upgraded to? You should be able to get to all of the Sales order into unless you pressed the “finish setup” button.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    so I ended up calling Benshaw to program the control board in the MVSSS, as it sends the information about the starter size to the Optiview. Then I called one of my buddies and he got me an Admin password so I could fill in all the Sales Info, Motor Info, etc... Finally started the chiller. Thanks for your help!