Post Likes

Mobile home shower faucet

I have what I think is a partially plugged cold water valve in my bathroom. Im trying to remove the faucet valve but cant figure out how it comes apart. Has anyone seem a valve like this? I would really appreciate any input
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    I cant remember if that one comes apart. You can try unscrewing/removing the hex part of the cartridge and then pulling out.

Post Likes
    If I remember correctly, those often have screw on faucet connectors on the back side, and not much holding the valve in place. A bit of a risk of causing a leak when trying to work on the valve from the front.

I have been replacing the entire fixture when customers have problems.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    I would first try leaving the suspect valve open and connecting a garden hose to the shower head's pipe.

Cut the supply line to the shower and back flush the valve out by blasting water into the shower head pipe.

Collect the flush water in a bucket and see what comes out.

PHM
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by brosnt1 View Post
    I have what I think is a partially plugged cold water valve in my bathroom. I’m trying to remove the faucet valve but can’t figure out how it comes apart. Has anyone seem a valve like this? I would really appreciate any input
    Thanks
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I had those, and replaced it with a Kit from Moen to cover the holes and allow me to install a single handle. The best thing I did, in fact I went and redid the other shower right after. Does the Paneling on the other side unscrew for access? One of mine did the other one no. I heated the glued on panel with two hair dryers to loosen the glue. I made that one into a screw on access panel.
    Retired, after 43 Years