Page 1 of 54 123456781151 ... LastLast

Thread: Judaism

Post Likes

Judaism

"Judaism" is the Oldest Biblical Religion.

"Judaism" precedes the Man made, heretical, & Pagan, Religion called "Catholicism", that gave birth to the greatly fractured, heretical, & Pagan Religion called "Christianity".

But, ... Is "Judaism" Truly the "Religion of The Old Testament", or, ... Is it an Invention made by Man also?

Is it United? Of One Belief?

Does it Absolutely Honor & Keep The Way of The Scriptures?

Sadly & Shockingly, .... The Answer is No!

"Judaism" is broken up in to at least ten, widely different, bickering, & heretical Sects, just like the other "Invented Religions of Man", that Do Not Honor, nor Keep The Way of The Scriptures.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Davidb, I suggest you read "On Pagans, Jews, and Christians" by Arnaldo Momigliano. It is extremely boring, but extremely well written and insightful.

3. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Davida, ... Have you ever skimmed through the Talmud?

Many of the larger Sects of "Judaism", such as the "Orthodox" Sect, or "Movement" as they call it, Honor it, & the Rabbis above the Torah.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    DavidB perhaps you should immigrate to Israel. Your denigration of Christianity isn't wining much support here among Christians here.

Geez are you a Jew knocking Christianity or what? Inquiring minds want to know. Thank you, thank you very much

Post Likes
    Davidb, when I was younger I studied religion a lot, including the Talmud, but once my faith was established I focus more on philosophy.

7. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I don't know, but I can tell you: I never really cared for Judy. Why did she have to go and start a religion anyway?

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post

"Judaism" precedes the Man made, heretical, & Pagan, Religion called "Catholicism", that gave birth to the greatly fractured, heretical, & Pagan Religion called "Christianity".

But, ... Is "Judaism" Truly the "Religion of The Old Testament", or, ... Is it an Invention made by Man also?

"Judaism" is broken up in to at least ten, widely different, bickering, & heretical Sects, just like the other "Invented Religions of Man", that Do Not Honor, nor Keep The Way of The Scriptures.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Doesn't the Bible mention Pagan -isms? And those certainly pre-date Judaism. So wouldn't they be the oldest Biblical religions?

PHM
    ----------------

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Doesn't the Bible mention Pagan -isms? And those certainly pre-date Judaism. So wouldn't they be the oldest Biblical religions?

PHM
    ----------------
    Hence why I recommended Davidb read "On Pagans, Jews, and Christians," it shows how intertwined all three faiths were, and that yes, many beliefs started with the pagans.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    DavidB perhaps you should immigrate to Israel. Your denigration of Christianity isn't wining much support here among Christians here.

Geez are you a Jew knocking Christianity or what? Inquiring minds want to know. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glen,

"Christian" is written 3 Times in the N.T.

Yet, The Name of The Way is found in The Bible more than 200 times.

By the way, ... that "Name" isn't "Jewish".

As far as "denigration of Christianity", ..... With more than 500 Widely Different, & Heretical Sects, ... All claiming to be The "Right One", ... Which "One" is the "Right One" Glenn?

Which "One" precisely upholds The Scriptures?

As far as "Immigrating"? Nawwwww, .. I'm Good here.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

Glen,

As far as "denigration of Christianity", ..... With more than 500 Widely Different, & Heretical Sects, ... All claiming to be The "Right One", ... Which "One" is the "Right One" Glenn?

And No Glenn, ... I'm not a "Jew", nor a Catholic, nor a "Christian", & certainly not a Muslim, ... But I Absolutely Do Believe in The Holy One of Yisrael, who You call "Jesus Christ", ... Although after years of proclaiming the same, ... I now prefer His Hebraic to English Name of Yeshuah HaMashiach.

Post Likes
    Glen,

And No Glenn, ... I'm not a "Jew", nor a Catholic, nor a "Christian", & certainly not a Muslim, ... But I Absolutely Do Believe in The Holy One of Yisrael, who You call "Jesus Christ", ... Although after years of proclaiming the same, ... I now prefer His Hebraic to English Name of Yeshuah HaMashiach.
    Don't even bother, David. You'll have as much luck trying to get new ideas into Glenn as you would trying to install Windows 10 in an old 486 computer.

14. Likes DavidDeBord, 54885488 liked this post
    Post Likes

Judaism

I’ve been studying on religions throughout my life, though what you’ve written here mimics my findings pretty thoroughly.

My beliefs are that all religions are man-made, in an attempt to answer the “unknowns.” Seems like all people I have spoken with have the same questions, and they fill this void with a religion to bring them a bit of relief.

From your later response, you say you’re not a Christian, Muslim or Jew, though you do not list the title of your belief system. Is there a reason that you withhold this information?

I’m interested in further understanding why people choose their religion, as those who are born into a certain group tend to adopt what they are taught from an early age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I wonder if the Muslims are scratching their heads yet

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 54 123456781151 ... LastLast