Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516

Thread: Judaism

Post Likes
    OK, this is the most relative information I have seen from you. If you are referring to Judaism of today, it is nothing like what the Jews of 2,000 years ago were practicing. Today's Judaism has denied Messianic prophecy, which some sects of Jews even 2,000 years ago rejected as well. It helps to study secular history of the time periods of faith that we are specifically discussing. That is the only way to actually understand intent of scripture.
    Today's Jews who consider themselves to be religiously Jews (as opposed to being ethnically Jews) are mostly extensions of the Pharisee sect of Judaism from 2,000 years ago, although many Jews of faith today have abandoned the idea of a Messiah. But mostly, todays Jews of Judaic faith are more focused on Jewish traditions that make them much different than the Pharisees of 2,000 years ago.

The Christ Jesus was one of many who claimed to be the prophetic messiah of ancient Jewish faith. Historically, Jewish writings and oral stories prompted by prophets ceased a few hundred years prior to the man Jesus of Nazareth walking the Earth. The Apocrypha writings provide some historical value filling in those few hundred years when Middle Eastern Jews were being Hellenized under Greek rule, then turned the tables on the Greeks with the Maccabee revolt that revived the Jewish faith, albeit a bit tainted by Hellenistic influence, then further tainted with Greek converts to Judaism out of fear of retaliation for the way the Greeks treated the Jews.

For hundreds of years, no more prophets emerged to deliver any more messages from God. In light of this silence from God, their was a feeling of a need for the prophesied messiah to emerge to lead the Hebrews/Jews. Since the Maccabee revolt had already produced a military win for the Hebrews/Jews, many believed the messiah would come to lead them to victory over the Romans as well. As we know now, that was not the actual plan of that which we refer to as God. Instead, the messiah was a very average man in whom God had become incarnate in spiritually. While Jesus was fully a man, with all of the urges and failings of mankind, Jesus's soul was the creator of the Universe; God. Jesus was the very last prophet of God the creator of the Universe because God was with Jesus and Jesus had direct authority to speak on behalf of his spiritual soul; God the Father. Because God was directly involved in the last prophet, any other claim of a prophet after Jesus Christ is false. Any changes in the teachings of Jesus Christ are false.

As for Judaism being the oldest Biblical religion, that is not exactly accurate either. The Hebrew Bible (Christian Old Testament) may be books relating to the relationship between the Hebrews and God, there is still quite a bit of more ancient Pagan influence in the Hebrew Testament. That factor does not diminish the authority of the Hebrew Bible, but rather enhances it's authority in the realization that what is told to us in the Hebrew Testament was also told to others.

Both Catholicism and Islam are indeed bastardizations of the teachings from God through all of the prophets up to and including Jesus Christ. Even today's Judaism would not be recognized as the faith Jews of 2,000 years ago adhered to. Since most of the earliest followers of Jesus Christ were Jews, today's Jews are simply hold outs who refused to accept Jesus as the prophesied messiah because they refused to believe God would find a way to bring all of mankind into the kingdom of God.

Why Islam is accepted as a religion is quite a mystery to me. Islam's history is very well documented as being a mash-up of Arabic Paganism, Judaism and Christianity for the sole purpose of enhancing Mohammed's influence and finances.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    I reckon that You didn't read Post #1, at the least?

"Judaism" is the Oldest Biblical Religion.

"Judaism" precedes the Man made, heretical, & Pagan, Religion called "Catholicism", that gave birth to the greatly fractured, heretical, & Pagan Religion called "Christianity".

But, ... Is "Judaism" Truly the "Religion of The Old Testament", or, ... Is it an Invention made by Man also?

Is it United? Of One Belief?

Does it Absolutely Honor & Keep The Way of The Scriptures?

Sadly & Shockingly, .... The Answer is No!

"Judaism" is broken up in to at least ten, widely different, bickering, & heretical Sects, just like the other "Invented Religions of Man", that Do Not Honor, nor Keep The Way of The Scriptures. "

And the point that I'm trying to make, is that per The Scriptures, ... The Way is of Yisrael, ... Not "Judaism", or Catholicism, or "Christianity", or "Islam".

And, ... Per The Scriptures, upon considering that many of them are becoming the World's Physical Reality, .... Knowing The Way of The Messiah/ Holy One, or Learning of it, .. Is Extremely Important, for anyone that Believes in A Creator of All Things, ... Or that is Looking for an Answer to what is going on, & Man's Governments/ Religions have Failed in providing.

"spam the forum"????? LMAO!! Are You that Critical of the countless posts about "Guns", "Fishing", "My New Tool", "Look at what I Cooked", "Politics", "Look at what I Drink", "Today's Joke"???

Being an Atheist is Your Choice & "Right" Hvacr, & I Respect it.

Unlike "Islam" & it's Believe or Die System, & Catholicism's hideous past of employing the same System, & Christianity's fuzzy usage of the same System in it's Wars, while declaring "God is on Our Side!", & The Talmudic "Jews" growing Militancy in the Middle-east, .........

The Way of The Scriptures, was & still is, ...Freely Offered.

No One, will Suffer the Consequences of Rejecting The Way, ... Until The Second Coming of The Holy One.

And that Time, ... Judging from what the World is doing & what is happening that Man can not control, ... That Time is now on Mankind's Horizon.
    ...seek, and ye shall find;..
    So always seek the Truth, not just what you want to believe to be true…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Post Likes
    actually, David, it is a fact that religion is man made.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Well that's a Pity.

As far as, "There is no religion other than that created by man."?

That is Your Opinion, ... which doesn't make it a Truth.

While I'm at it, .... I wanna thank all of the Naysayers, Mockers, etc., in making their Comments herein.

You Are helping Keep The Thread Alive.
    ...seek, and ye shall find;..
    So always seek the Truth, not just what you want to believe to be true…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516