Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334
Results 430 to 442 of 442

Thread: Judaism

  1. #430
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    David rambles and rants so erratically, it's like trying to make sense of two or three radio stations coming through the speakers all at once. I really do think Brian has some serious identity issues. He seems to really be hung up on dividing people based on gnostic rhetoric than bringing people together, as Jesus Christ has given us all the opportunity to do. David just seems to want to keep poking at old wounds to keep causing harm in order to keep people thinking we are so different we can't be one under God's will.


    And here for a nano-second, I thought that you were going to say something "Intelligent".
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  2. #431
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    David wrote; "
    Or, ...Is it always a "Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood", with You as it is with the majority of the World?"

    It can be, David. At least it can be a lot more wonderful without having people like you spewing out hateful rhetoric designed to antagonize and divide folks. You are part of the problem, David. Adjust your thinking and feeling to a more positive way of looking at the world and others in the world, and become part of the solution.

    Your Problem is, ... "You can't handle The Truth".
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  3. #432
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    70,177
    Post Likes
    How could I possibly say something intelligent when I am discussing you?
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post


    And here for a nano-second, I thought that you were going to say something "Intelligent".
    ...seek, and ye shall find;..
    So always seek the Truth, not just what you want to believe to be true…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #433
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    70,177
    Post Likes
    What truth? Who's version of what is true? We don't even have a clue as to what you are even supporting or denouncing. You are like a human jigsaw puzzle that is missing a bunch of pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Your Problem is, ... "You can't handle The Truth".
    ...seek, and ye shall find;..
    So always seek the Truth, not just what you want to believe to be true…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #434
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    How could I possibly say something intelligent when I am discussing you?
    True, .... You Do Not Have that Capability.

    In fact, with your exhibition of Your self inflicted, Liberal, "Universal God", Snowflake Tendencies, .... I've seriously lost all hope of having any kind of Intelligent Conversation with you.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  6. #435
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    70,177
    Post Likes
    LOL! I don't often get accused of being liberal!

    If that which we refer to as God created the Universe, in what way is God not a Universal God? There can only be one creator of the Universe, whether that creator is a singular entity or a plurality of entities working together, the creator of the Universe cannot be a physical thing, but rather what we refer to as a spiritual thing.

    So, David, do you believe the Universe was created by a multitude of different gods who are now at odds with one another? Do you believe that some folks are following the one and only good god while others are following something different? Not that I expect you to actually answer any questions respectfully based on your never having done so yet, but sometimes we are curious about how the minds of the deranged work.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    True, .... You Do Not Have that Capability.

    In fact, with your exhibition of Your self inflicted, Liberal, "Universal God", Snowflake Tendencies, .... I've seriously lost all hope of having any kind of Intelligent Conversation with you.
    ...seek, and ye shall find;..
    So always seek the Truth, not just what you want to believe to be true…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #436
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    There's been many a Topic, that I've posted abut herein, & not once, have You attempted to discuss any of it.

    It's always been Denial & Ridicule of what has been posted & then at times, a long winded & boring thesis presented by you.

    Although I appreciate Your Replies, for they did keep this topic in the "New Post" Column.

    But now, .... since You've recently exhibited some "Snowflake, ... Woe is me!" tendencies, that apparently got Tool involved, .... I'm putting You on "Ignore", so as to not get involved in some kind of set up that could lead to My getting Banned.

    Tis a shame, .... I did hope that Our Conversations would've led to a discussion, where both of Us could've shared ideas/beliefs, & Learned from each other, but that obviously isn't the case.

    Therefore, .... Embrace Your beliefs, of a "Universal All Accepting God", which somehow, in your Feeble Mind, upholds many of the heretical practices of several of the Sects/ "Movements" of the at least Ten, widely different Sects of the fractured "Jews".

    I can't say that it's been "Great Talking to You!", .... It's just been, & You are now on that proverbial "Ignore". C Ya.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  8. #437
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    70,177
    Post Likes
    David, I have asked you time and time again to please tell us what your incrypted rantings mean to you and what you are trying to say. I have just again asked a very simple question about what it is you believe in and what it is you are ranting against, and again you avoid stating any rational response. You have never even stated definitively if you are a Christian or not. And if so, do you associate with any specific group or organization we can look into to see where you may be coming from? Is all that you cut and paste from sources you worship and believe? Are you some sort of Talmudic Christian, since you have already stated you are not a Jew and do not follow Judaism. Is it because you consider yourself a relation to Abraham but not a Jew?

    Sorry David, but for as much as you post, you don't really say very much about your convictions or beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    There's been many a Topic, that I've posted abut herein, & not once, have You attempted to discuss any of it.

    It's always been Denial & Ridicule of what has been posted & then at times, a long winded & boring thesis presented by you.

    Although I appreciate Your Replies, for they did keep this topic in the "New Post" Column.

    But now, .... since You've recently exhibited some "Snowflake, ... Woe is me!" tendencies, that apparently got Tool involved, .... I'm putting You on "Ignore", so as to not get involved in some kind of set up that could lead to My getting Banned.

    Tis a shame, .... I did hope that Our Conversations would've led to a discussion, where both of Us could've shared ideas/beliefs, & Learned from each other, but that obviously isn't the case.

    Therefore, .... Embrace Your beliefs, of a "Universal All Accepting God", which somehow, in your Feeble Mind, upholds many of the heretical practices of several of the Sects/ "Movements" of the at least Ten, widely different Sects of the fractured "Jews".

    I can't say that it's been "Great Talking to You!", .... It's just been, & You are now on that proverbial "Ignore". C Ya.
    ...seek, and ye shall find;..
    So always seek the Truth, not just what you want to believe to be true…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #438
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    14,216
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I have to ask David: Do you really type this stuff out and highlight it...as though anyone here actually reads it?
    Proverbs 10:19 NKJV

    In the multitude of words sin is not lacking. But he who restrains his lips is wise.

  10. #439
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Eze 3:18 When I tell the wicked, ‘You will surely die;’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man will die in his iniquity; but I will require his blood at your hand.
    Eze 3:19 Yet if you warn the wicked, and he doesn’t turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he will die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.”
    Eze 3:20 “Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he will die. Because you have not given him warning, he will die in his sin, and his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered; but I will require his blood at your hand.
    Eze 3:21 Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man, that the righteous not sin, and he does not sin, he will surely live, because he took warning; and you have delivered your soul.”

    Eze 33:1 Yahweh’s word came to me, saying,
    Eze 33:2 “Son of man, speak to the children of your people, and tell them, ‘When I bring the sword on a land, and the people of the land take a man from among them, and set him for their watchman;
    Eze 33:3 if, when he sees the sword come on the land, he blows the trumpet, and warns the people;
    Eze 33:4 then whoever hears the sound of the trumpet, and doesn’t heed the warning, if the sword comes, and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head.
    Eze 33:5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and didn’t take warning. His blood will be on him; whereas if he had heeded the warning, he would have delivered his soul.
    Eze 33:6 But if the watchman sees the sword come, and doesn’t blow the trumpet, and the people aren’t warned, and the sword comes, and takes any person from among them; he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.’
    Eze 33:7 “So you, son of man: I have set you a watchman to the house of Israel. Therefore hear the word from my mouth, and give them warnings from me.
    Eze 33:8 When I tell the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you will surely die,’ and you don’t speak to warn the wicked from his way; that wicked man will die in his iniquity, but I will require his blood at your hand.
    Eze 33:9 Nevertheless, if you warn the wicked of his way to turn from it, and he doesn’t turn from his way; he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your soul.

    Pro_14:5 A truthful witness will not lie, but a false witness pours out lies.

    Pro_14:25 A truthful witness saves souls, but a false witness is deceitful.

    Pro_21:28 A false witness will perish, and a man who listens speaks to eternity.

    1Jn 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is God’s testimony which he has testified concerning his Son.
    1Jn 5:10 He who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. He who doesn’t believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning his Son.
    1Jn 5:11 The testimony is this, that God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
    1Jn 5:12 He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn’t have God’s Son doesn’t have the life.

    Mat 28:18 Jesus came to them and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to me in heaven and on earth.
    Mat 28:19 Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
    Mat 28:20 teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you. Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

    Job_6:24 “Teach me, and I will hold my peace. Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  11. #440
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    70,177
    Post Likes
    Things we need to stay aware of when studying scripture are the relevance's of passages to the time period, geographical location, person speaking and person's being spoken about. These things all need to be taken into context.
    David's cut and pastes of Biblical passages spans 700 years under several different rulers with the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and a New Testament separating the intent of the passages. Without some sort of relevant context for why these passages are being quoted by David, they are pretty much meaningless words.

    David! What's your point?
    ...seek, and ye shall find;..
    So always seek the Truth, not just what you want to believe to be true…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #441
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    70,177
    Post Likes
    My mistake. Taking the passages from the book of Proverbs into consideration, the time span is actually over 1,000 years and under even more ruling factions.

    Just think how in some 100 year span the difference there is between hearing that; "For the fire, they carried faggots all day long." A century ago, they would be referring to firewood. Today they would be talking about torturous execution of men due to their lifestyle. We must always consider intent and context of Biblical passages. Merely posting a bunch of quotes from over a thousand year span is like regurgitating our last three meals and calling it stew.
    ...seek, and ye shall find;..
    So always seek the Truth, not just what you want to believe to be true…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #442
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    5,368
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    How many "Jewish" Sects are there? Are they as fractured as "Christianity", with it's more than 20,000 widely different Sects?

    Is "Judaism" United in One Belief, drawn from the Scriptures, as many "Jews" publicly proclaim,or, ... Is the Truth something that "Paints a Different Picture"?

    Here's a Clue, from a "Jewish " Source
    :

    Movements of Judaism

    Level: Basic


    " The different sects or denominations of Judaism are generally referred to as movements. The differences between Jewish movements today are not so much a matter of theology, but more a matter of how literally they take the scriptures, how much they think biblical requirements can be changed, and whether those requirements are mandatory. I've been told that the differences between Jewish movements are not as great as the differences between Christian denominations, but I'm not sure if that's true: I once heard a Protestant minister trying to explain to Jews the difference between Protestant denominations, and the first distinction he thought of was the country of origin of the adherents.

    In general, when I speak of "movements" in this site, I am referring to movements in the United States in the 20th century, but in fact there have been organized differences of opinion for more than 2000 years.
    Movements in Ancient Times"

    "Perhaps the oldest records we have of a formal difference of religious opinion among Jews dates back to the time of the Maccabean revolt, which is the basis for the story of Chanukkah. At that time, the land of Israel was under the relatively benevolent control of Greece, and was deeply influenced by Greek culture. Hellenizing Jews were opposed by a religious traditionalist group known as the Chasideans (no direct relation to the modern movement known as Chasidism). As the Seleucid Greeks began to oppress the Jews, war broke out and the Jewish people united in their opposition to the Greeks. "

    The war continued for 25 years, and the Jewish people remained united in purpose. But after the war ended, the Jewish people became divided into three groups: the Essenes, the Sadducees (Tzedukim in Hebrew) and the Pharisees.

    " The Sadducees evolved out of the Hellenistic elements of Judaism. The movement was made up of the priests and the aristocrats of Jewish society. They were religiously conservative but socially liberal. The Sadducees believed in a strict, narrow and unchanging interpretation of the written Torah, and they did not believe in oral Torah. The Temple and its sacrificial services were at the center of their worship. Socially, they adopted the ways of the neighboring Greek culture.

    The Pharisees believed that G-d gave the Jews both a written Torah and an oral Torah, both of which were equally binding and both of which were open to interpretation by the rabbis, people with sufficient education to make such decisions. The Pharisees were devoted to study of the Torah and education for all. "

    "The Pharisaic school of thought is the only one that survived the destruction of the Temple. The Zealots were killed off during the war with Rome. The Sadducees could not survive without the Temple, which was the center of their religion. The Essenes, who were never very numerous, were apparently killed off by the Romans (they were easily recognizable in their isolated communities). Some think that the Essenes may have been absorbed into Christianity, which as I said shares some of their mystical teachings. "

    "During the 9th century C.E., a number of sects arose that denied the existence of oral Torah. These sects came to be known as Karaites (literally, People of the Scripture), and they were distinguished from the Rabbanites or Rabbinical Judaism."

    " In the 1700s, the first of the modern movements developed in Eastern Europe. This movement, known as Chasidism, was founded by Israel ben Eliezer, more commonly known as the Baal Shem Tov or the Besht. Before Chasidism, Judaism emphasized education as the way to get closer to G-d. Chasidism emphasized other, more personal experiences and mysticism as alternative routes to G-d.

    Chasidism was considered a radical movement at the time it was founded. There was strong opposition from those who held to the pre-existing view of Judaism. Those who opposed Chasidism became known as mitnagdim (opponents), and disputes between the Chasidim and the mitnagdim were often brutal. Today, the Chasidim and the mitnagdim are relatively unified in their opposition to the liberal modern movements. Orthodoxy and even the liberal movements of Judaism today have been strongly influenced by Chasidic teachings."

    "Approximately 5 million of the world's 13 million Jews live in the United States. There are basically three major movements in the U.S. today: Reform, Conservative and Orthodox. Some people also include a fourth movement, the Reconstructionist movement, although that movement is substantially smaller than the other three. "

    "Orthodoxy is actually made up of several different groups. It includes the modern Orthodox, who have largely integrated into modern society while maintaining observance of halakhah (Jewish Law), the Chasidim, who live separately and dress distinctively (commonly, but erroneously, referred to in the media as the "ultra-Orthodox"), and the Yeshivish Orthodox, who are neither Chasidic nor modern. The Orthodox movements are all very similar in belief, and the differences are difficult for anyone who is not Orthodox to understand. They all believe that G-d gave Moses the whole Torah at Mount Sinai. The "whole Torah" includes both the Written Torah (the first five books of the Bible) and the Oral Torah, an oral tradition interpreting and explaining the Written Torah."

    "Reform Judaism does not believe that the Torah was written by G-d. The movement accepts the critical theory of Biblical authorship: that the Bible was written by separate sources and redacted together. Reform Jews do not believe in observance of commandments as such, but they retain much of the values and ethics of Judaism, along with some of the practices and the culture. The original, basic tenets of American Reform Judaism were set down in the Pittsburgh Platform. Many non-observant, nominal, and/or agnostic Jews will identify themselves as Reform when pressed to specify simply because Reform is the most liberal movement, but that is not really a fair reflection on the movement as a whole. There are plenty of Reform Jews who are religious in a Reform way."

    "Conservative Judaism grew out of the tension between Orthodoxy and Reform. It was formally organized as the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism in by Dr. Solomon Schechter in 1913, although its roots in the Jewish Theological Seminary of America stretch back into the 1880s. Conservative Judaism maintains that the truths found in Jewish scriptures and other Jewish writings come from G-d, but were transmitted by humans and contain a human component. Conservative Judaism generally accepts the binding nature of halakhah, but believes that the Law should change and adapt, absorbing aspects of the predominant culture while remaining true to Judaism's values. "

    "Reconstructionist Judaism is theoretically an outgrowth of Conservative, but it doesn't fit neatly into the traditional/liberal, observant/non-observant continuum that most people use to classify movements of Judaism. Reconstructionists believe that Judaism is an "evolving religious civilization."
    They do not believe in a personified deity that is active in history, and they do not believe that G-d chose the Jewish people. From this, you might assume that Reconstructionism is to the left of Reform; yet Reconstructionism lays a much greater stress on Jewish observance than Reform Judaism. Reconstructionists observe the halakhah if they choose to, not because it is a binding Law from G-d, but because it is a valuable cultural remnant."

    "Approximately 5 million Jews live in Israel. Orthodoxy is the only movement that is formally and legally recognized in Israel. Until very recently, only Orthodox Jews could serve on religious councils. The Orthodox rabbinate in Israel controls matters of personal status, such as marriage, conversion and divorce. "

    ------------------

    The above data, doesn't speak of several of the other Sects, such as Kabbalah, which when the "Fat is boiled off", & the true essence is examined, ... it is a "Hair's width" away from witchcraft.



    http://www.jewfaq.org/movement.htm
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.