+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If at first you don't succeed....

Post Likes
    Man, it has to be a trip dealing with some of these yo-yos...

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Square bits are popular in the marine industry. BUT you can but them at Home Depot. No excuse. Think of the effort he put into removing the wheel without thinking of the outcome. It's quite possible he didn't even know the baffle could be removed and the housing was built around the wheel. Quoted him new parts. It's a $600 mistake.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Square bits are popular in the marine industry. BUT you can but them at Home Depot. No excuse. Think of the effort he put into removing the wheel without thinking of the outcome. It's quite possible he didn't even know the baffle could be removed and the housing was built around the wheel. Quoted him new parts. It's a $600 mistake.
    sad part is that he prolly won't learn anything from the experience.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    sad part is that he prolly won't learn anything from the experience.....
    Sure he will.

"I won't waste anymore time trying to fix this crap. I'll just buy everything new from the get-go the next time it happens!"

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Super popular here I couldn't get through a day without a square bit.
    Yeah I don’t know how Americans can deal with not using Robby screws for everything. I often don’t need to use anything else, in fact changing bits on my drill feels like a rare annoyance rather than just part of the job. I may get taxed to death but at least I don’t have to change bits often.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    I don't.

Although occasionally I do use a refrigeration service valve wrench on those square-head set screws. Does that count?

PHM
    ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Who doesn't have a square bit?
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    Man, it has to be a trip dealing with some of these yo-yos...
    The majority of the guys I deal with are at the top of their game, and unfortunately headed towards retirement, as the bulk of what my supply house sells is boiler and gas controls. We sell a fair amount of heavy and light commercial refrigeration equipment and controls, and industrial pneumatic valves and controls as well. We do get our some guys who work out of their garages, but not a whole lot since we don't supply residential parts. Most of the "yo-yos" are maintenance men, ex line cooks working on refrigeration, ovens and fryers, and maintenance guys working for state and federal government entities. Most of the larger government work gets farmed out to union pipefitters.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I was always under the impression that School districts only hired the best of the best. Now I have been proven wrong��

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotlight View Post
    I was always under the impression that School districts only hired the best of the best. Now I have been proven wrong��
    thekux should have proved that wrong...
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    I worked for a company that serviced a school ... but thats a story for another day... screw it ill tell it now.

Same company worked for wendys and we were changing a compressor on a split system ice maker. Had the new compressor in and on the vac before lunch. Went to UR as they had a sales thing and hotdogs.

This is when it gets interesting. After pulling an evacuation for 4 hours this guy 30 years in the trade pulled a shrader core the system was sucking in air.

When i asked him what he was doing he said “looking for the restriction. “. Then he charged it up all full of air and couldnt figure out why it wont make ice hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    He’s looking in the port with a mirror for the restriction! I had been out of hvac school for a week and i knew he was a fing moron...,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in