Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    So from what I’m gathering here is the larger diameter hoses really shine in the very low range.... but what I’m not understanding is how my 7 cfm pump wouldn’t be maxed out when using (2) 1/2” 6’ hoses anything above 645microns is over 7 cfm. Unless the rated cfm’s of the pump are severely incorrect. Which after watching you video I’m starting to think they may as well be. You were using a 7cfm pump in that video right?

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    It was a 7. Now there's a 10 under the hood. That rating is a free air displacement. It does pump less at lower pressure but I don't thing 1000 microns is all that low.

Post Likes
    I would have guessed the bigger pumps would be more beneficial during initial pulldown and especially on bigger systems.

Once the system gets into “low microns” i would have guessed the playing field was evened out and a smaller pump would do more less as well as a larger pump as they were both capable of pumping the delivered load at that point.

Then again what do i know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Right but no. Faster for both initial pull down and drying out the remaining moisture down low.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the responses. How I asked my question was a bit confusing.

-JB Platinum 5 CFM pump
    -(2)Trublu hoses (1m), (3) CRT's
    -Pulling a vacuum using (2) 3/8" intake ports
    OR
    -Pulling a vacuum using (1) 3/8" & (1) 1/2" port
    (I'm sure using the 3/8" and 1/2" intakes must have higher flow.).
    If I could only find a brass CROSS with (2) 1/2", (1) 1/4" flare & 3/8" MPT (connection to pump intake)

My JB Platinum which I have (2) different size Cross intake fittingso
    -Old JB Platinum pump cross with (2) 3/8" & (1) 1/4" intake ports
    -Newer JB Platinum with (1) 1/2" & (1) 3/8" & (1) 1/4" intake ports

I assume using 1/2" and 3/8" vacuum pump intake would be better than (2) 3/8" I take ports.

Now, I know that the TruBlu hoses have a Max condutance flow. I also assume that the 3/8" I take ports must reduce flow to some extent.

What is the max CFM TruBlu hoses can handle when factoring in the vacuum pump intake ports size 3/8" or 1/2". I remember Jim B. Said the hoses can handle 16 CFM. Im sure that just the hoses not including different size connections and their limitations

Another question I had is when the vacuum starts to become deeper does a PSC motor driven vacuum pump start to reduce then speed? Would a ECM motor driven vacuum pump run at a constant speed no matter how deep the vacuum might be?

Comparing vacuum pump operation to that of
    blower motor operation, and the effect caused from friction/resistance/pressure. The direct correlation on different motor technologies (PSC vs ECM) as well as power consumption. Is this a fair hypothesis?

I am considering upgrading my vacuum pump for a newer ECM driven pump this summer. I am a bit afraid of ECM motor failure for obvious reasons over PSC motors. I will be keeping my trusty JB Platinum just in case.

Navac and Fieldpiece are the only brands I found that have currently implemented ECM motor technology on vacuum pumps . If anyone else happens knows of other brands of ECM driven vacuum pump please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Again for replying to my inquiry with enthusiasm and seriousness. I always enjoy gaining and sharing new information with other competent fellow HVACR brother. (and tool lovers)

The supply houses know very little about new HVAC tools and technology. If they don't stock, sell, or have the products in their catalog it doesn't exist. They're truely amazed that I know about these new tools, technology and improved service/Troubleshooting techniques. They eagerly ask how I know about "these new tools and where I find the information". I often get called from a few supply houses when someone is looking for a product the never heard of especially if it's a tool /test Instrument. LOL

CHEERS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123