Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Distech Productivity pack vs Distech Jace/sup

Good morning fellow Control hobbyists,
    I am curious, if anyone can explain the benefits of buying a distech jace over a vykon with the productivity license. I have been lead to believe there isnt much there.
    Also do dcimages work on a supervisor if all jaces are licensed?
    Thanks!

Post Likes
    We used both. I've no idea about pricing differences. Once the Distech Wizard was licenced, I saw no obvious differences between a JACE & an EC-BOS.

It's my understanding that physically, a JACE is a JACE, regardless of the label on it.
    But I may well be wrong.

Post Likes
    I believe dcimages does a brand check for Distech. I'm not sure if you can get a license for a supervisor for it to run on a non distech sup.

Post Likes
    Thanks guys I appreciate the information, it was exactly what I assumed.

Post Likes
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I recently found out Distech now licenses their Support pack on non-Distech branded JACEs.
    I'm looking at an upgrade from AX to N4, where we have a ton of existing ECC-VAVs and we'd like to retain the plugin functionality we currently have in AX. No Gfx controllers.

The way I understand it, the plugin in freely available, but the Distech service in the station is what they're requiring a license for.

I got a quote for the device packs for the JACES, but in the mean time I'm unable to install the support pack from smart installer. Does the support pack only work with the 32-bit version of Workbench? I'm using the 64-bit Vykon Workbench and the install fails with "A valid Niagara AX root folder must be selected to continue". Do I a need a separate license on my laptop?

Thanks,

Digo

Post Likes
    Yea the software is looking for EC-Net. What I did is install an EC-Net workbench, then install the productivity pack. After that, I copied the modules out of the EC-Net and into my Vykon workbench. Everything works, even the templates in Dcgfxapplication templates as long as you have the license in the N4 jace.

The only thing I need to figure out and I am betting it wont work( from what I saw in the Xml file of the Jar), is will the Supervisor work properly graphically? If I use the individual Jaces to create the graphics using the Distech tools, can I use export tags to push those graphics up to the Server? I really don't have a lot of experience with export tags. Or do I have to get the Distech Supervisor to use the graphics?
    Also is there any other advantage other then the device templates to getting an EC-BOS Supervisors?

Post Likes
    Forget about px export tags. That process is a total pain and at least under AX the pages can render extremely slow.

If its doing a license check, it would still likely fail. Its moving the px pages up to the super and then giggering the links.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I recently found out Distech now licenses their Support pack on non-Distech branded JACEs.
    I'm looking at an upgrade from AX to N4, where we have a ton of existing ECC-VAVs and we'd like to retain the plugin functionality we currently have in AX. No Gfx controllers.

The way I understand it, the plugin in freely available, but the Distech service in the station is what they're requiring a license for.

I got a quote for the device packs for the JACES, but in the mean time I'm unable to install the support pack from smart installer. Does the support pack only work with the 32-bit version of Workbench? I'm using the 64-bit Vykon Workbench and the install fails with "A valid Niagara AX root folder must be selected to continue". Do I a need a separate license on my laptop?

Thanks,

Digo
    I assume you are pointing it at the correct root folder? I've never tried to install into a non Distech install so I'm not sure if it is looking for a root "Niagara" folder with sub "EC-NET" folders. The support pack won't tun on the Vykon install without a license, but you should be able to install the .dist file on your target JACE reguardless and be able to launch the wizards.

Post Likes
    Thanks Orion242,
    Thats the answer I thought I was going to get. I have used the project assist 2.3 from dglogik, and was considering using it again.
    I dont link how histories or reports are done in it though. I thought about leveraging the benefits of Distech's graphics options instead of using Vykon. I have a template for Vykon but I am using Distech controllers and the productivity packs in Vykon Jaces, so I will do some more research to see what my best option is. I may end up going with the Distech server software, cost difference is minimal over Vykon.

Post Likes
    Export tags make super setup pretty painless and I use them anytime a super is involved. Its well worth learning how to import stuff painlessly to a super. That said its point and history tags. px tags have screwed me way too many times. Good idea on paper, as implemented the px tags are awful.

The biggest downfall are the ord overrides to deal with any non-relative links. This is all the navigation links typically, and the general performance issues that result from the ords using virtual ords vs the imported points. The ord overrides alone are so clunky that the pain isn't worth the benefit. If you cannot copy the px to the super and pass any license check, that alone will kills the the idea ignore all the other issues
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    I recall this used to work when I used to be on the Webs channel. The root folder was C:\Honeywell, and it properly identified any build in there.

Choosing C:\Niagara or C:\Niagara\EC-Net4-xxxx doesn't work.

So, either the installer is looking for a brand match, or a separate license.

Just to to confirm, I'm talking about the support pack, not the productivity pack.
    The support pack is what allows the wizards to run and contains the following modules: distechControls, bcsv3, bcsIp, bcs, dcDevices, dcMain
    This installer also extracts the dist files that later can be deployed to the JACES.

Productivity enhancing tools = gfxApplications, dcgfxApplications, dcImages, envysion, BIM files (This install works without an issue)

Looks like I might need a separate license for my local Workbench too. Anyone knows a good contact number/email for Distech Support?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by digo View Post

Thanks,

Digo
    We use this all the time. You shouldn't need a license on your laptop. As it's been explained to me, the installer is looking for workbench versions that Distech recognizes, and it won't recognize any that are at a higher revision than those that Distech has implemented.

Post Likes
    I tried ECNet 4.3 and 4.4, neither were recognized. My laptop's host-id is tied to the 64-bit version, wondering if they are looking for the 32-bit install.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast