Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 119

Thread: So, still nothing from Northpark on wireless probes huh?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,950
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Northrup View Post
    Hello Pacnw, Do you use our platform frequently?
    As often as I can.

    As has been stated, for residential split systems those pipe straps wire lengths are just annoying.

    Also, a $300 static pressure probe that is limited in its use. If I recall correctly, it cannot differentiate supply and return static without disconnecting one of the hoses.

    It just seems like those of us that already own this platform have been left in the dust. We helped, by purchasing it, finance things that are given away to others that bought nothing. When we ask for improvements we get open ended promises and minimal results. IE- magnetic probe sleeves.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ellicottville NY
    Posts
    150
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    As often as I can.

    As has been stated, for residential split systems those pipe straps wire lengths are just annoying.

    Also, a $300 static pressure probe that is limited in its use. If I recall correctly, it cannot differentiate supply and return static without disconnecting one of the hoses.

    It just seems like those of us that already own this platform have been left in the dust. We helped, by purchasing it, finance things that are given away to others that bought nothing. When we ask for improvements we get open ended promises and minimal results. IE- magnetic probe sleeves.
    Pacnw, I know its seems that we have done nothing but there has been a great deal of effort over the past 2 years. By the end of this year we will be introducing new software and hardware that current and future iManifold platform users will benefit greatly from. Since I don't know who you are please email me: bill@npinnovations.com and we can have a discussion. Thanks for the input.

    Bill

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    9,183
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Northrup View Post
    What size range would you like to see?
    I would like to see similar to what you have in the strap on type - those go to 4 or 5

    Standard clamp type up to 2 1/8 would be good.

    Or maybe just a clamp that can accept the strap type for faster connections on smaller sizes. - thats how appion does it and its really slick.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,840
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Or maybe just a clamp that can accept the strap type for faster connections on smaller sizes. - thats how appion does it and its really slick.
    Now, that would be nice!
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    242
    Post Likes
    I agree with heatingman. Something that can clamp in the 2 inch range would be awesome, especially if wireless.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,950
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Northrup View Post
    Pacnw, I know its seems that we have done nothing but there has been a great deal of effort over the past 2 years. By the end of this year we will be introducing new software and hardware that current and future iManifold platform users will benefit greatly from. Since I don't know who you are please email me: bill@npinnovations.com and we can have a discussion. Thanks for the input.

    Bill
    I does not matter who I am, just that I am a disappointed customer who, like many others, feels they are ignored and taken advantage of.

    Your competition has met or exceeded what the platform was initially when it debuted. Other software far exceeds yours, other hardware has listened to input and brought to market items(wireless temp clamps) we asked for, and the interaction with the platform has all but disappeared.

    As stated, we have been told positive things are coming, but when? When asked about the platform by other techs, I just can't endorse it as I once did. I bought it and live with it, but I am buying into the other(in my opinion better) options on the market.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ellicottville NY
    Posts
    150
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    I would like to see similar to what you have in the strap on type - those go to 4 or 5

    Standard clamp type up to 2 1/8 would be good.

    Or maybe just a clamp that can accept the strap type for faster connections on smaller sizes. - thats how appion does it and its really slick.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the feedback. Good ideas....Best, Bill

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ellicottville NY
    Posts
    150
    Post Likes
    Let me know how many short thermistors you would like.....

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    9,183
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Northrup View Post
    Let me know how many short thermistors you would like.....
    4? What do you mean?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,840
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    What is inside radius sized for with the existing strap sensor? I'd imagine we may lose a bit of accuracy with a sensor that expanded the range from 5/16 to 2-1/2".
    The sensor itself would likely need to be segmented for flexibility while maintaining maximum surface contact, no?

    On a separate note, I would love to see my dual port manometer read both measurements as well as the differential simultaneously.
    As I said previously, I think you've done a good job with reducing drift compared to others on the market with exception of high end auto-zeroing manometers, but the fact that I have to reconfigure the probe to check the measurements independently is a bit frustrating.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ellicottville NY
    Posts
    150
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    What is inside radius sized for with the existing strap sensor? I'd imagine we may lose a bit of accuracy with a sensor that expanded the range from 5/16 to 2-1/2".
    The sensor itself would likely need to be segmented for flexibility while maintaining maximum surface contact, no?

    On a separate note, I would love to see my dual port manometer read both measurements as well as the differential simultaneously.
    As I said previously, I think you've done a good job with reducing drift compared to others on the market with exception of high end auto-zeroing manometers, but the fact that I have to reconfigure the probe to check the measurements independently is a bit frustrating.
    to achieve accurate reading we would need to use another thermistor design. The coopers have a radius that would not allow good readings on a 2.5" pipe. We will look at some options to get that done.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ellicottville NY
    Posts
    150
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    What is inside radius sized for with the existing strap sensor? I'd imagine we may lose a bit of accuracy with a sensor that expanded the range from 5/16 to 2-1/2".
    The sensor itself would likely need to be segmented for flexibility while maintaining maximum surface contact, no?

    On a separate note, I would love to see my dual port manometer read both measurements as well as the differential simultaneously.
    As I said previously, I think you've done a good job with reducing drift compared to others on the market with exception of high end auto-zeroing manometers, but the fact that I have to reconfigure the probe to check the measurements independently is a bit frustrating.
    Related to your question regarding the manometer. the sensors in our manometer only allow one reading at a time such as the differential across an evaporator. We are exploring creating a dual port manometer that can provide two separate measurements.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,730
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    What is inside radius sized for with the existing strap sensor? I'd imagine we may lose a bit of accuracy with a sensor that expanded the range from 5/16 to 2-1/2".
    The sensor itself would likely need to be segmented for flexibility while maintaining maximum surface contact, no?

    On a separate note, I would love to see my dual port manometer read both measurements as well as the differential simultaneously.
    As I said previously, I think you've done a good job with reducing drift compared to others on the market with exception of high end auto-zeroing manometers, but the fact that I have to reconfigure the probe to check the measurements independently is a bit frustrating.
    You can use a 4011 on a flat surface if you want. 2-1/2 inch is no problem.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,730
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Northrup View Post
    to achieve accurate reading we would need to use another thermistor design. The coopers have a radius that would not allow good readings on a 2.5" pipe. We will look at some options to get that done.
    I'd be surprised if you could do better than a Cooper 4011.
    The size pipe is not a issue for it.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ellicottville NY
    Posts
    150
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You can use a 4011 on a flat surface if you want. 2-1/2 inch is no problem.
    Good to know. They do have a radius on the contact portion of the thermistor. Have you tested them on a 2-2.5" pipe and experienced good results? Thanks!

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,840
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Northrup View Post
    Related to your question regarding the manometer. the sensors in our manometer only allow one reading at a time such as the differential across an evaporator. We are exploring creating a dual port manometer that can provide two separate measurements.


    Can't a toggle be designed into the app on the main display, without having to go into the probe configuration settings?
    That's all that is needed.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    At The Point Of No Return
    Posts
    16,730
    Post Likes
    The micro gauge thermistor wire behind the small waffer thin copper contact pad has very low mass. The actual contact point on that pad has little to no affect on the reading.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ellicottville NY
    Posts
    150
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The micro gauge thermistor wire behind the small waffer thin copper contact pad has very low mass. The actual contact point on that pad has little to no affect on the reading.
    Thanks for the info. We'll have to try that with our chiller profiles.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    375
    Post Likes
    We were also supposed to get water source heat pump profiles a few years ago. Any progress on those?

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ellicottville NY
    Posts
    150
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    We were also supposed to get water source heat pump profiles a few years ago. Any progress on those?
    Yes,we expect to release our new app in October. This will be the foundation for our new features and improvements. We will have water cooled condenser, ground source and chiller profiles including much more. It might take a bit to get them all integrated working properly but that is the plan.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •