Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EUrrutia View Post
    The range of the FP does not compare to that of the iManifold platform. Yes it does go through batteries faster than the FP but there is no free lunch out there. You want working range with no loss of connectivity? You go with the iManifold Platform. As far as having to wait for your system to link up, power the unit along with the probes and connect. Takes an entire 2 seconds to do so.
    I have had many times it takes over a minute for the probes to show up after the Iconnect connects to my phone. Most times are around 10 seconds though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    Thank you for the invite. I still believe the iConnect has the best range by far, but ease of use is what still keeps it from being my goto probes. Shorter wires will definitely help, but full wireless temp clamps would be a game changer.
    I've been waiting a long time for wireless clamps. Hate wires

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    I have had many times it takes over a minute for the probes to show up after the Iconnect connects to my phone. Most times are around 10 seconds though.
    Oddly, it's typically the pressure probes that take well over a minute sometimes. I turn them on when I'm within 5' of them too. The newest dual port manometer probe I have connects pretty quickly. I'm wondering if there's some kind of firmware update that is needed for them, via usb???

Yes, I will also agree, once they are connected they have much better range than anything else by far.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post

Yes, I will also agree, once they are connected they have much better range than anything else by far.
    Thus the cost difference of 3X or so.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    I had just yesterday where my long range repeaters would not repeat the signal for the other probes next to them. I was on a commercial building split system and knew the indoor air probes would have a hard time staying connected to the iConnect outside with me. So I put one long range probe 1" away from the return air probe. And 1 long range probe next to me and the iConnect outside by the condenser . App showed connection to both pressure probes and both long range repeater probes but would not get signal from the air probes at all. Return was next to indoor repeater and supply probe was only 10 feet from that. Only way I could see air probes after waiting 10 minutes was to go walk back inside then would lose the pressure probes and not get them back after waiting 5 minutes. Then walked back outside and got pressure probes and again lost air probes. All while never losing connection to either long range repeater. Repeaters are kinda worthless if they aren't going to repeat the other probes signal that is right next to them.

Post Likes
    I had just yesterday where my long range repeaters would not repeat the signal for the other probes next to them. I was on a commercial building split system and knew the indoor air probes would have a hard time staying connected to the iConnect outside with me. So I put one long range probe 1" away from the return air probe. And 1 long range probe next to me and the iConnect outside by the condenser . App showed connection to both pressure probes and both long range repeater probes but would not get signal from the air probes at all. Return was next to indoor repeater and supply probe was only 10 feet from that. Only way I could see air probes after waiting 10 minutes was to go walk back inside then would lose the pressure probes and not get them back after waiting 5 minutes. Then walked back outside and got pressure probes and again lost air probes. All while never losing connection to either long range repeater. Repeaters are kinda worthless if they aren't going to repeat the other probes signal that is right next to them.
    Try placing the repeater probe in a window sill or a door frame rather than right next to the other probe. They are designed to use each other and form a network. Radio signals always look for a way "out" for say. This should take care of the issue. If not, please contact us directly at North Park Innovations.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EUrrutia View Post
    Try placing the repeater probe in a window sill or a door frame rather than right next to the other probe. They are designed to use each other and form a network. Radio signals always look for a way "out" for say. This should take care of the issue. If not, please contact us directly at North Park Innovations.
    I had no issue seeing the repeater probe where it was. I couldn't see the air probes that were a few feet away from the repeater probe in the same room as the repeater probe. The repeater stayed connected to the iConnect no problem. I will experiment later with it and see what happens

Post Likes
    I think what they are saying is that the repeater may work better if not right next to the other probe.

Post Likes
    I had no issue seeing the repeater probe where it was. I couldn't see the air probes that were a few feet away from the repeater probe in the same room as the repeater probe. The repeater stayed connected to the iConnect no problem. I will experiment later with it and see what happens
    Were you able to give it another test? Please let us know, that should not be happening we want to make sure we get you up and going properly.

Best, Bill
    Last edited by Dad; 09-13-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=Bill Northrup;25562437]Were you able to give it another test? Please let us know, that should not be happening we want to make sure we get you up and going properly.

Best, Bill

Sorry. Just got married and have been on honeymoon. Have not been able to retest the probes. Probably first of next week I can.

I've never had the repeaters do that to me before. It's like they were acting alone and not creating the mesh network.
    Last edited by Dad; 09-13-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Post Likes
    Congratulations! We’ll be here when you are ready.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Northrup View Post
    Congratulations! We’ll be here when you are ready.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well I have re tested the repeater probes several times this week and seem to be working correctly now.

Post Likes
    Well I have re tested the repeater probes several times this week and seem to be working correctly now.
    Great news! By the way, we should have 3' thermistors available in October. Thanks for the update!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast