Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    They're coming out with an updated pipe strap sensor?
    Weren't they supposed to be coming out with that last year. It was simply a shorter wire, what happened with that?
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    dont know. dont really care. if they cant give what the consumer wants there's little reason for them to be in business. people will buy someone else's product who does have what they want.

Post Likes
    The company never changed hands first of all. The videos are put up so users can get a better understanding of how to use the equipment. We are keeping an eye on the latest in Bluetooth technology. When it can get close to the range of the Zigbee, perhaps a change will occur.

Post Likes
    The use of the plug in thermistors can be a bit cumbersome I admit. Using a couple of velcro ties will help manage that. Plus having the advantage of simply replacing a thermistor rather than a complete probe has a significant advantage. Combining the mixture of Bluetooth temperature clamps with Zigbee pressure probes certainly decreases your working range as the Zibee will remain connected as the Bluetooth signal will fail.

Post Likes

You can help us out on beta testing for the shorter wires.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    If I recall, they were promising shorter wires last year, and still nothing. What the heck? I'm looking really hard at the Joblink probe kit.
    I guess, "we're working on new stuff", is code for we may have something in a couple years.
    Send me an email and we can talk about including you in the beta testing right now for shorter wires.

Email addresses are not permitted in post, please put it in your profile, thank you.

Post Likes
    Email addresses are not permitted in post, please put it in your profile, thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    I'm baffled why you would need to beta test a shorter wired temperature sensor. Seems like a question in a survey to all your customers would get the right length and it is what it is. Unless there is a wireless option I will continue to buy a full length 4011. I don't work on AC so it's never so simple of using a foot or two long wired sensor.

Post Likes
    Thanks Glenn for the info. Got it connected. Supply and Return is backwards. Remapped them on iConnect, and they switched on that app, but in MQ they are still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Harrison View Post
    Turn on your iConnect and push the Bluetooth button. Go to MeasureQuick, get in the toolbox, click on the + symbol in the top right corner. The app should now scan for and find your iConnect. Then follow the screen prompts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by atnc View Post
    Thanks Glenn for the info. Got it connected. Supply and Return is backwards. Remapped them on iConnect, and they switched on that app, but in MQ they are still wrong.
    The way it works right now in MQ is the first RH probe is RA and the second is SA. We are going to have a complete mapping of the probes in the near future. We are wrapping up some cloud projects and getting ready for a heating (gas and heat pump) addition to MQ.

Thanks

Jim
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    I'm baffled why you would need to beta test a shorter wired temperature sensor. Seems like a question in a survey to all your customers would get the right length and it is what it is. Unless there is a wireless option I will continue to buy a full length 4011. I don't work on AC so it's never so simple of using a foot or two long wired sensor.
    VERY well put!!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheresaiManifld View Post
    Send me an email and we can talk about including you in the beta testing right now for shorter wires.

Thank you for the invite. I still believe the iConnect has the best range by far, but ease of use is what still keeps it from being my goto probes. Shorter wires will definitely help, but full wireless temp clamps would be a game changer.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    I like the current length of the temp probes.

Its not unusual to need to reach across a compressor to get to a place I want to measure.

But the set up time is problematic for the go to set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    At this point the range of the FP is adequate for most applications. The FP also eliminates the need to wait for the Zigbee module to connect, and then the probes to connect to the module. Not to mention the batteries I go through with the iConnect set up.

I'm gonna just sell my Testo kit, anyone interested? It's basically new; comes with 2- air probes, 2- line temp clamps, 2- pressure probes, and 1- hot wire anemometer probe.
    The range of the FP does not compare to that of the iManifold platform. Yes it does go through batteries faster than the FP but there is no free lunch out there. You want working range with no loss of connectivity? You go with the iManifold Platform. As far as having to wait for your system to link up, power the unit along with the probes and connect. Takes an entire 2 seconds to do so.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast