+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: So, still nothing from Northpark on wireless probes huh?

Post Likes

So, still nothing from Northpark on wireless probes huh?

If I recall, they were promising shorter wires last year, and still nothing. What the heck? I'm looking really hard at the Joblink probe kit.
    I guess, "we're working on new stuff", is code for we may have something in a couple years.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    I know. I want wireless temp clamps. Or at least temp clamps that are affordable. $150 per clamp is pricey

Post Likes
    As stated on the other thread, Measurequick can use the wireless input from the FP wireless temp clamps in conjunction with the iConnect kit. It's sad that what started out as a fantastic piece of equipment has stalled. Their efforts seem to be 100% focused on the "cloud based" system, and not the tangible tools. Perhaps they forgot who their demographic is.

Post Likes
    I get the feeling since the company changed hands they are focusing less on innervation, Some of the videos they have posted just seem like sales pitches... I don’t see them staying around for the long term... especially as Bluetooth continues to get stronger and stronger. Soon you will see Bluetooth 5.0 being the norm. Sad to say but since fp and mq teamed up I have not used my imanifold once... for now the guys who have the iconnect I would buy just a set of fp clamps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjc View Post
    I get the feeling since the company changed hands they are focusing less on innervation, Some of the videos they have posted just seem like sales pitches... I don’t see them staying around for the long term... especially as Bluetooth continues to get stronger and stronger. Soon you will see Bluetooth 5.0 being the norm. Sad to say but since fp and mq teamed up I have not used my imanifold once... for now the guys who have the iconnect I would buy just a set of fp clamps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At this point the range of the FP is adequate for most applications. The FP also eliminates the need to wait for the Zigbee module to connect, and then the probes to connect to the module. Not to mention the batteries I go through with the iConnect set up.

I'm gonna just sell my Testo kit, anyone interested? It's basically new; comes with 2- air probes, 2- line temp clamps, 2- pressure probes, and 1- hot wire anemometer probe.

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    What kind are you buying? Fieldpiece is about $50. and even Fluke is only $100. I think.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    I know. I want . . . temp clamps that are affordable. $150 per clamp is pricey
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    I think I might have enough stuff from Imanifold, broke down last week and bought my first tool ever from Fieldpiece, the wireless temp probes seem to work when I tested them with MQ but havent had a chance to use them yet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    As stated on the other thread, Measurequick can use the wireless input from the FP wireless temp clamps in conjunction with the iConnect kit. It's sad that what started out as a fantastic piece of equipment has stalled. Their efforts seem to be 100% focused on the "cloud based" system, and not the tangible tools. Perhaps they forgot who their demographic is.
    We are still planning on building out the probe manager, and we will continue to support the tool. The FP clamps are a great solution, and they are not expensive and sold separately. You can do all three LLT, SLT, and DLT and get what you want. We have a lot of development going on, but we are planning to continue support of the product.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    I'm gonna just sell my Testo kit, anyone interested? It's basically new; comes with 2- air probes, 2- line temp clamps, 2- pressure probes, and 1- hot wire anemometer probe.
    I might be, shoot me a PM.

Joab

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Joab View Post
    I might be, shoot me a PM.

Joab
    PM sent.

They work really well if you're not worried about having a long range.

Post Likes
    My take from the iStuff company is that they have app people and no hardware people.
    Peek in on their Facebook site.

Their new item is a magnetic sleeve to hold the air probes. $25 get you a pair.

Any questions?

Go ahead, prove me wrong. It's only been a couple years since we asked for wireless outdoor line temp probes.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    What kind are you buying? Fieldpiece is about $50. and even Fluke is only $100. I think.

PHM
    ---------
    I was referring to imanifold pipe clamps by Cooper being almost 150 each for plug in clamps probes . I've never really liked the pipe straps or the wires for them either. I want full wireless. Thought about the fieldpiece probes but will lose range compared to my iconnect that Im used to.
    I also would miss the probe manager in the imanifold app for the probes with switching to measurequick. Would just have to constantly charge batteries for iconnect probes with using measurequick since no way to see battery level in measurequick app.

Hopefully Jim and the team gets probe management for imanifold in there app in the future?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    We are still planning on building out the probe manager, and we will continue to support the tool. The FP clamps are a great solution, and they are not expensive and sold separately. You can do all three LLT, SLT, and DLT and get what you want. We have a lot of development going on, but we are planning to continue support of the product.
    Good to know. Thanks for your input, just placed an order on TTT for a full probe kit.
    I hope the folks at FP realize the influence you carry. Good move on their part to link with you and Measurequick!

14. Likes ChuckDe liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    I think I might have enough stuff from Imanifold, broke down last week and bought my first tool ever from Fieldpiece, the wireless temp probes seem to work when I tested them with MQ but havent had a chance to use them yet.

you definitly invested in tools there, i have one basic Iconnect kit lol dang!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    you definitly invested in tools there, i have one basic Iconnect kit lol dang!!
    Some of it I picked up on Ebay cheap, I got the Imanifold on the right with 2 air probes and a repeater for $315 bucks a month ago, dont really need 2 Imanifolds but it was cheap enough.

Post Likes
    Something is coming. Could be wireless temp clamps. Why else would they be tring to unload the pipe straps sensors at 50% off till the end of the month?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Something is coming. Could be wireless temp clamps. Why else would they be tring to unload the pipe straps sensors at 50% off till the end of the month?
    Maybe they are just dropping those and only selling the clamp?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    Some of it I picked up on Ebay cheap, I got the Imanifold on the right with 2 air probes and a repeater for $315 bucks a month ago, dont really need 2 Imanifolds but it was cheap enough.
    sounds like great deals..ill have to go looking for some of those .. good to know FP wireless will now work with MQ, i havent tried MQ yet i use the I connect app exclusively but this is reason to try it out..

Post Likes
    Do the Fieldpiece wireless probes use thermocouples or thermistors?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thermocouple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in