Post Likes

Bosch HP Accelerated Cooling

On Bosch's Inverter Ducted System the outdoor unit has an option for accelerated cooling/heating. If you switch it to accelerated cooling, it tries to maintain a 37 degree coil. Normally it tries to maintain 47 degrees. I've put three of them in and left them in standard cooling. Using the airflow charts in the install manual I got the airflow as close to 350 per ton as I could. On startup I was able to achieve 23-24 degree delta-T from return to supply. Thats a far cry from the numbers the factory guy was throwing out. My question is: should I set it to accelerated cooling or do you guys think that would cause a problem with short cycling and dehumidification?

Post Likes
    Will improve dehumidification for sure, but overall efficiency will suffer a bit.

If your customer is game, experiment a bit and let us know your experiences with the Bosch.

I find it quite attractive and wish I had had it available to me when a contractor.

Post Likes
    I like the Bosch system overall. We put in mostly Goodman so its a nice upgrade in chassis quality. The air handler is a beast. It weighs 140+ lb and will wear your arm out screwing on a return plenum. I dont like the heat strip setup. It comes with an attached breaker that mounts to the middle of the control box opening so when there is a problem with the strips down the road its going to be a real pain getting your meter in there to test things. The other design gripe is the service valve area. Ive had to unscrew the service valves to lift them to get clearance for my VCRTs but even with that there is just barely enough room for your micron gauge. Service irritants aside, its a cool setup. Its got a nice compact outdoor unit and the indoor unit is the only one I could find with a 48 tall 3 ton air handler. I also like that Bosch wants 350 com per ton instead of 400. It makes it just a little bit easier to work with older duct systems. Only time will tell whether or not I kick myself for pushing these things when they start breaking 😄

Post Likes
    WHEN YOU ACHIEVED AT 23-24 DELTA T WHAT KIND OF RH % IN THE SPACE?

Post Likes
    I actually don’t know. It’s been a while since I put them in and when I did the startup the houses were hot and humid. I haven’t been back to any of them yet. The next time I’m scheduled to go back is for the heating checkup. By then the humidity will be low outside and I won’t get an accurate check on how well it performs in the summer. Barring any mechanical issues I won’t be back for ac until next year. I was wondering if anyone else had experience with these units and whether or not the accelerated cooling helped or hurt the humidity of the space. I’ll probably turn it on for the heating cycle and see how well it works in comparison to the standard single stage heat pumps we usually put in. The factory rep swore up and down that the supply temps were over 100 degrees. That would eliminate a lot of the “draftiness” complaints that heat pumps get.