Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nsula_country View Post
    What was the deal with the black romex penetrating the flex duct? Or did I see that correctly?

CT
    Looks like a low voltage phone or cable line. Still not approved, though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nsula_country View Post
    What was the deal with the black romex penetrating the flex duct? Or did I see that correctly?

CT
    You saw that correctly. On one of the units they had NM line voltage cable running into the duct, and on the other they had t-stat wire running into the duct.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Slather some mastic on it and call it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    You saw that correctly. On one of the units they had NM line voltage cable running into the duct, and on the other they had t-stat wire running into the duct.
    Electric heat?

CT

Post Likes
    You get what you pay for. Home owner is sol at least he called a pro. I'd charge full price install to fix everything. If they pulled a full evacuation on the system I'd be surprised. This smacks of handyman work.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    Air leaks up the wazoo! Two systems just installed last week in one home. Customer wanted a second opinion on the install.

This condensers come with a factory installed liquid line filter.
    one i sure hope this wasnt a FREE 2nd opinion, most likely using you to get them to come back..

2- AS/TRane do NOT come with LL drier in the cabinet anymore, that one with the strap on it is provided by the manufacturer , its stuck by the valves, you remove it and install it..

3. Yes this is shameful for sure especially its not a goodman LOL no Suction line insulation, sloppy low voltage not zipped or taped down , wires in plenum, odd tape all over , aux pan not long enough, no secondary piped or switch added etc etc

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    one i sure hope this wasnt a FREE 2nd opinion, most likely using you to get them to come back..

2- AS/TRane do NOT come with LL drier in the cabinet anymore, that one with the strap on it is provided by the manufacturer , its stuck by the valves, you remove it and install it..

3. Yes this is shameful for sure especially its not a goodman LOL no Suction line insulation, sloppy low voltage not zipped or taped down , wires in plenum, odd tape all over , aux pan not long enough, no secondary piped or switch added etc etc
    You might be right about these not having a factory installed filter in the condenser. I was working off of an installation manual for that, and I didn't verify with my own inspection.

Post Likes
    Southern cal...lots of attic installs. I particularly hate blower assembly jobs. I've seen too many hack jobs where there is no way to pull the blower assembly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiek View Post
    Southern cal...lots of attic installs. I particularly hate blower assembly jobs. I've seen too many hack jobs where there is no way to pull the blower assembly.
    I haven't welcome you to the forum yet, Eddiek. So, Welcome.

Yes, attics are no fun around here. At least when I was back in Northern Illinois, the roof trusses were designed for the snow load. So, they had more pitch.

Here there isn't much room to work with. Some installers seem to intentional line up the access panel screws with the truss members.

Post Likes
    Those red riddons make me beat extra hard....

11. Likes Chuckles1 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Rheem/Rudd include an Emerson filter drier in a plastic bag, in the electrical enclosure.

CT

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman59 View Post
    You get what you pay for. Home owner is sol at least he called a pro. I'd charge full price install to fix everything. If they pulled a full evacuation on the system I'd be surprised. This smacks of handyman work.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    We have contractors that are not at all cheap and cut corners all the time. High price doesn't always mean top quality!
    Last edited by George2; 11-12-2018 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Added a thought

Post Likes
    At least they didn’t throw away or leave the filter drier still screwed to the panel (I’ve seen it happen) unless the factory put the wrong drier with the unit then it will be a Bi-flow. If they were looking to “cut costs” then I don’t know why they would’ve chose the TAM9 airhandler (unless this isn’t a recent install.) the new TAM9 can be fully communicating, has variable speed, EEV, and a front monitor for codes and other adjustments/controls. Over all it does look like a awful install and the AS logo doesn’t need a bad reputation for someone’s laziness

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast