+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cpvc gasketed female adapters

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    It doesn't harden like leak lock but it does set up and is a bear to get apart.
    Gotcha. Same but different. I love the little tubes of leak lock that so conveniently a time or two forget in my back pocket- only to have cap come off and smear all over pants and van seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    I guess I'm lost... do not they pressure test for inspection pvc waste and vent with the tear ballon with schrader for that purpose for leaks and integrity for inspection? i can see air expanding- nitrogen not so much.
    It's in the code book, too, NO AIR TESTING. The ball with the air schrader is to pump up the donkey sack so that water cant flow past, and to make it easy to drain the lines without getting wet.

Air is 78% nitrogen. It expands under decompression just as any other gas will.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    It's in the code book, too, NO AIR TESTING. The ball with the air schrader is to pump up the donkey sack so that water cant flow past, and to make it easy to drain the lines without getting wet.

Air is 78% nitrogen. It expands under decompression just as any other gas will.
    I'm learning a lot here- how do they pressure test then just gage the water and the ballon plugs it? I don't do that waste and vent stuff- or any domestic plumbing professionally- just a lowly hvacr tech

"It's just like it doesn't work. I mean it seems to be ok now, but it usually like never works"

"Never an always and always a maybe"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1234 View Post
    I'm learning a lot here- how do they pressure test then just gage the water and the ballon plugs it? I don't do that waste and vent stuff- or any domestic plumbing professionally- just a lowly hvacr tech

Water weight only and if there's a leak something gets wet. Plug all holes and vents, then fill it to the roof.
    Nest is POO!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in