+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turducken

Post Likes

Wink Turducken

Meet the Lenant - a Lennox stuffed inside a Bryant case.

I have to go back to wrap the TXV.

Pretty simple. A 5 ton Bryant N-Coil failed. I took the roto-zip and cut the back off the case. Undid the coil, slid it out. Moved the center brace to one side, added 2 s-cleats to the other side. Made covers and sealed the old refrigerant holes and drains. Opened the plenum an additional 8" for the new A-coil. Slid new coil in. Added a baffle but-off plate. Built a cover for it. It's nice to have access to both sides of the coil.

I impress myself with my own ingenuity sometimes. But, still "Wall of Shame" material.

Name:  1534893517726.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  211.5 KB

Name:  1534893519648.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  177.7 KB

Name:  1534893515719.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  156.4 KB

Name:  1534893514089.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  206.8 KB
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Appropriate title. Cleaning it someday will be someone elses problem and land it back in here. I'm also my own worst critic, and I would call myself out too.

mattc
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes, which can be made, in a very narrow field. - Niels Bohr

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mattc183 View Post
    Appropriate title. Cleaning it someday will be someone elses problem and land it back in here. I'm also my own worst critic, and I would call myself out too.

mattc
    Cleaning is easy. Take off the original front panel cover.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    I'm presuming that's a new ll drier, why put it that close to the txv? I leave a few inches so if it ever needs changed there's a little copper to work with. Maybe something has changed but I was always taught to never unbraze a drier.

Post Likes
    It's all new. I put it there because it was convenient. If I have to replace it, which I doubt, I'll replace the coil stub, too.
    Nest is POO!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in