Post Likes

Bryant Preferred variable-speed furnace - question

Hello - I have a question about the Bryant "Preferred" variable-speed two-stage furnace, which I am considering. I read somewhere (not on this website) that variable speed furnaces in general run the fan all the time. The contractor was making a general comment, not about Bryant in particular. But I think what he meant to say was that variable speed furnaces “can” run all the time, if you set them to do so. I believe that happens if the fan setting on the thermostat is set to "On" instead of "Auto." Am I correct? Reason I ask is that I don’t want the fan running all the time on this furnace when I have it set to Auto. If I get this furnace and leave it set to “Auto,” will the fan still run all the time? (That wouldn’t make sense to me, but I thought I should ask first.) Thanks

Post Likes
    You are correct in fan operation.

Depending on the home, constant fan can be preferred to even out temps, keep it from being stuffy along with other things.

The blower motor, if it is an ECM, will not cost much to run. Continually running any motor is less damaging that starting and stopping it.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ