Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    Yeah. The Bosch pulled to 177 and stabilized at 239. The 700 repair was a compressor replacement with new filter drier and it pulled down to around 350 and stayed below 700 where the decay rate dropped to 0.0 /second. The 1100 was a new indoor coil and drier on a heat pump. It pulled down to 400 ish and then I was kind of worried about it so I timed it’s rose over 10 minutes. Decay rate lowered to .2 / second around 800 and after 10 minutes it was barely over 900 with decay of between .1 and .2 s second.
    Was the questionable hose used to get there, or did you have to isolate it to get there? Those vacuum levels and decay rate are obviously just fine.

Post Likes
    i pulled to the first stall with both hoses and then pulled to final vacuum with “leaky” hose eliminated from the equation. On the heat pump I replaced the hose with a 1/4” hose off of my charging manifold.

Post Likes
    Is it possible you were just impatient when suspecting a leaky hose? Maybe the system was still dehydrating. Maybe the hose is off gassing a lot for some reason. You could try using it on an empty recovery cylinder, if you have one, and just letting it run overnight to boil off whatever’s in it.

Post Likes
    I do think there is *something* wrong with the hose. I already suspected something from the first two evacs so when it started to stall again just shutting off the core tool between it and the system allowed it to pump down much lower and replacing it with the 1/4” hose helped achieve the decent final vacuum. As to what is different about it, I suspect it IS off gassing for some reason. Maybe there is some POE oil trapped in there that is letting some moisture out as the vacuum deepens. I think I will let it run overnight on an empty 410 jug. I’ve used that same jug before to test the rig so I know it doesn’t leak. Thanks for the suggestion.

Post Likes
    Hmm... my head is starting to hurt. I was just thinking that only closing one tool doesn’t remove that hose from the circuit since it is still tied into the vacuum pumps intake piping. So why would closing that valve help? Is it just because then the leak would be farther from the micron gauge?

Post Likes
    Pretty much anytime Ive had trouble pulling a vacuum, its been a problem with the system. Leaks or moisture, or POE oil being stubborn.

If the core tool with micron gauge on it was opposite the hose you are questioning, then the micron level being read will degrease almost instantly due to the vacuum at the gauge being lower, as the pump is focusing its pull from that hose.

If you suspect oil in the hose, it can be flushed out with something like rubbing alcohol or rx-11 followed by a nitro blast, then an extended vacuum run on a tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Had one 1/2" hose blister the inner plastic layer and it would collapse under vacuum but that one had close to zero flow. I thought I sucked up a marble or something lol. I sent a wire down the hose to see where something was stuck and it would pass all the way thru unrestricted.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Had one 1/2" hose blister the inner plastic layer and it would collapse under vacuum but that one had close to zero flow. I thought I sucked up a marble or something lol. I sent a wire down the hose to see where something was stuck and it would pass all the way thru unrestricted.
    Ha! Thats the kind of thing that would cause me to lose the rest of my hair.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    If you suspect oil in the hose, it can be flushed out with something like rubbing alcohol or rx-11 followed by a nitro blast, then an extended vacuum run on a tank.

I cleaned out the hose and vcrts with alcohol and I'll let them pull down overnight. I'm still tempted to try the TruBlu hoses. I wonder if the vcrt's angled port would help as much with clearance as I want to think it would. The hoses look pretty flexible too. More so then the stiff appions. Those things are so stiff sometimes they look like they might cause the vcrt's to shear off.

10. Likes heatingman liked this post
    Post Likes
    The tru blu’s look worth it. If I didn’t already have something so similar, Id but them.

I still might .

Post Likes
    I keep feeling the urge to buy them, but then I also have to question which ones to get. I'd like to get the one with the blue case for the added protection, but the pro also has the right angle adapters... Too many cool tools to buy!

I think your hose setup and itsiceman's are pretty cool as well. I don't have the patience or confidence to build my own stuff like that but I have a lot of respect for you guys for doing it and sharing your ideas.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    My trublu case got drenched by a sink in a deli last week. I just shook it off and smiled. I didn't think I'd like the hard case as much as I do. Was thinking the foam in the lid could hold some of the bits and pieces and it would be about perfect.

Post Likes
    Did you evacuate a system with a lot of acid in it. You said you replaced a compressor. Was it a burn out with high level of acid and/or moisture?

I ask because I had a heavily contaminated system mess up a set of Appions. I ended up cleaning them with a couple bottles of rx11 flush and they seemed fine after that. Flushing blew out some nasty green/black oil. I flushed the core tools also and changed the gaskets. That crap gets into and under the o-rings and gaskets. Change the Schrader cores also.

But I had symptoms similar to yours.

Before anyone asks why I would do something like that, it wasn't my job. I just showed up after the compressor was changed by another guy and he couldn't pull the system down. He thought it was his rig so we used mine. It wouldn't pull down because the system was full of acid and moisture.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast