Post Likes

A30-260-070 Ranco stat .... WHY

I come across several reachins where other techs install these Air Sensing probes which ultimately ice the coil

Why ????

I keep the ones i remove and cant even think of a use for them.

32-61 deg Dial Setting , and 6 deg diff

Constant cut in goes back in like it should

Post Likes
    My Question was ..... What can I do with those I remove ? Some are like brand new , but I swear I cannot think of a use

Maybe crank all the way cold and use for AC coil Freeze Stat... all the way is 32 deg

Post Likes
    Throw them in the trash.

The differential is kind of small for use as a freeze stat. I have used the A12-701's as freeze-stats before and they work ok. I like to set them to cut out around 30, while the constant cut in is at 41.

Even 41 is lower than I would like, but it's better than nothing. I actually prefer to use a White Rodgers 1609 walk-in cooler thermostat. They have a super wide differential that you can set (40 degrees). I take the sensing bulb and stick it to the suction line with a bunch of foam tape wrapped around it. Then I set the dial to about 30 degrees and crank the differential as far as it will go so it won't turn back on again till about 70 degrees. That usually does the job.

Anyways, take those air sensing stats and throw them in the garbage.
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.