Post Likes

Niagara AX vs Niagara 4

I’m looking to take a Niagara certification class. As I do not work with it regularly what certification is best. Did Niagara 4 replace Niagara AX? Can you still and should you get Niagara AX certified prior to learning Niagara 4?

Post Likes
    AX is on its way out, and frankly if you know one you can get around the other with little trouble.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    If you were able to get AX cert you would still have to complete the additional 4 cert which was another day. I was already AX so I did the upgrade instead of taking the whole 4 class and am sure I would have been better off taking the 4.

Post Likes
    (In control)
    Do you believe that Niagara 4 certification teaches enough to properly utilize the product.

Post Likes
    Define 'properly use'.

Able to engineer a basic station - yes.
    Able to understand the vast amount of different things, different ways of doing things, all (any) of the java stuff. All (or even a few) if the gotchas. HTML5. Graphics. Network engineering & troubleshooting - serial, IP, and wireless. No way. I guesstimate to get really, really proficient at it - as in, Tridium tech support good - you'd have to spend st least a year of full time study.

To be fair, some of that list is transferrable to any modern BMS - or even old stuff. (Don't talk to me about iNet Access over a mixed hardware network right now!)

So far as I know, no-one is offering TCP training on AX anymore, it's all N4 now. AX doesn't have tagging (I think?) and the permissions for users are set up differently. Otherwise it's pretty similar & as has already been said, you shouldn't have much trouble working on AC having certified on N4.

6. Likes DaveCR liked this post