Post Likes

Supco EDT11 Timer

Have not had much experience with these cheap plastic critters. After you set duration and frequency and put power on is there a time delay before the contacts close? Set for 10 mins. and timed it and condensing unit came on then run for about 2 min. then cut off then come back on and repeated this. Put old timer back on and comes on and stays on witch makes me belief is why unit is icing up-- contacts never opening? Its on medium temp. little butter bar case witch I just installed new compressor. And thermostat. Pressures are great! Heavy usage --- door open all day in and out. Normally would just put a 8145-00 on but since this timer was already there thought would just replace it. Didn't know how to manually put the old one into defrost to see if its coming out!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NANOTECH View Post
    Have not had much experience with these cheap plastic critters. After you set duration and frequency and put power on is there a time delay before the contacts close? Set for 10 mins. and timed it and condensing unit came on then run for about 2 min. then cut off then come back on and repeated this. Put old timer back on and comes on and stays on witch makes me belief is why unit is icing up-- contacts never opening? Its on medium temp. little butter bar case witch I just installed new compressor. And thermostat. Pressures are great! Heavy usage --- door open all day in and out. Normally would just put a 8145-00 on but since this timer was already there thought would just replace it. Didn't know how to manually put the old one into defrost to see if its coming out!!
    The older ones usually have an area that you can twist to advance the timer. Either with your fingers or a small flathead screwdriver.

The EDT timers:
    We carry those and have pretty good results when replacing those older style ones. They have 2 knobs to adjust them. One knob is defrost duration and the other knob is hours inbetween defrosts.

To test them is simple. There is a pushbutton that you press with the tip of a screw driver. This merely advances the timer and you have to hold it in for 30 seconds or so depending on where the timer is at in its cycle.
    If your unit went into defrost after 2 mins, its possible that it just happened to be at a point before a defrost. Try it again and see what happens. If it does it again, then its not working properly

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes