Post Likes

What happens when you replace a 1T RV with a 2T?

Would it cause higher suction line temp?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I believe only the diameter of the discharge port and three ports opposite matter. A reversing valve is just a fancy pipe that switches direction. As long as the diameter matches, refrigerant will flow through just the same, shouldn't have an effect on capacity, pressures, or temperatures.

Post Likes
    I知 curious to see what people answer with on this one. I知 a warranty rep for a water source heat pump company and i just finished replacing reversing valves and burnout compressors on 165 units that were less than a year old. The reason the manufacturer gave me for the burnouts was that the engineer specd the wrong size RV痴. I didnt get any info as to why that caused such a problem but i will tell you that 90% of the conpressors were completely cooked

4. Likes Raehvac liked this post
    Post Likes
    Maybe a manufacturing issue? Did the reversing valves look any different than the ones you replaced with?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bglenn525 View Post
    I知 curious to see what people answer with on this one. I知 a warranty rep for a water source heat pump company and i just finished replacing reversing valves and burnout compressors on 165 units that were less than a year old. The reason the manufacturer gave me for the burnouts was that the engineer specd the wrong size RV痴. I didnt get any info as to why that caused such a problem but i will tell you that 90% of the conpressors were completely cooked
    Yeah I've got a 2-ton reversing valve on a 1 ton compressor and the suction line temp is really high. Amps slowly raising higher and higher.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    They were just physically smaller...i知 thinking maybe it has something to do with the bigger RV holding more refrigerant? The units that i was working on only hold 26 ounces. So if you figure the bigger valve can hold 4 ounces more than the one that was supposed to be on there you would have low charge, high superheat, reduced compressor cooling? Just my theory