Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Swear I saw a similar video with that wave machine, perfect visualization. Need one for the desk...

Then there's seeing bell labs under the current day ATT "brand". Amazing engineering in its day under a company that I associate $hitty internet service, phone bill cramming and piss poor customer service. Must be what happens when you shift focus from R&D, to being dbags. Lol.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    ?

Most just switch in a resistor, still there if no power.

Some of these are confusing biasing vs termination. If it requires power, its most likely biasing which typically includes termination. Far as the value of the resistor, pretty sure the 485 standard says match the cable, but I'm too lazy to dig it up. Windy City wire comm wire we use is 100ohm. Lifetime of 1% is pretty cheap. https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...RTR-ND/1706589
    Yep. A little fried when I posted that, spent the last two days (14 hours the first day trying to get finished in one) working outside in 90+ by a fountain feature with probably 60%rh rewiring and programming the attached panel for some cool flame features in the fountain. Was thinking about dual port Ethernet (another thread on LinkedIn) in regards to powering down. I have seen techs replace controllers with onboard EOL and forget to re-enable them. It's easier to see a physical EOL on the comms terminal. I have seen issues with controllers that have the external powered EOL circuit boards being powered down.

kontrol out
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

3. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post
    Post Likes
    omni
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    fountain feature
    With all those HW burner controls, it appears to be a fountain I can get behind Finders are icing on the cake. Nice panel.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12