+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Measurequick diagnosis vs iManifold app

Post Likes

Measurequick diagnosis vs iManifold app

Which one is more accurate? I entered the same info into each app. The MQ app says 3 flags on liquid line restriction. And 2 flags on undercharged. IManifold app just shows low airflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Which one is more accurate? I entered the same info into each app. The MQ app says 3 flags on liquid line restriction. And 2 flags on undercharged. IManifold app just shows low airflow.

Since I designed them both, I can tell you for sure MQ is. It is the second generation and has many more diagnostic calculator and indicators. That said, garbage in produces garbage out. Make sure that you pay close attention to the profile of the system. Flags are "symptoms of" Symptoms of a liquid line restriction might be low liquid pressure, low suction, and liquid line temp below ambient for example. An undercharge would have both of the same.
    JLB,

3. Likes kdean1, KeyResults, Brian8383 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Jim, in your opinion is the field piece job link as accurate as the Testo smart probes?

Post Likes
    Jim, in your opinion is the field piece job link as accurate as the Testo smart probes?

I have not tested them all side by side against a reference piece of equipment, so I do not know. We are working on a solution for calculating measurement confidence for these types of devices.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    A few years ago I jumped into the iPad on service calls and began to log customer systems. I was building up a nice database and all was good. Then the app maker just vanished.

So, while accuracy is troubleshooting is important, long term presence and staying power is also really important if you want tech’s to jump in on this stuff.

It seems like HVAC software for mobile tablets / phones have come and gone with the seasons. MQ looks REALLY promising and useful. Here’s hoping for a lengthy MQ existence!

7. Likes 270wsm, TruTech-Bill, Brian8383 liked this post.
    Post Likes

Measurequick diagnosis vs iManifold app

Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    I have not tested them all side by side against a reference piece of equipment, so I do not know. We are working on a solution for calculating measurement confidence for these types of devices.
    I think the Bluetooth range of the Fieldpiece may be a huge deciding factor compared to Testo. If I walked outside at all I lose signal from My Testo and I have to restart the app to get it to connect again

Post Likes
    I think the Bluetooth range of the Fieldpiece may be a huge deciding factor compared to Testo. If I walked outside at all I lose signal from My Testo and I have to restart the app to get it to connect again

The nice feature of the FP probes is you walk back into range and they immediately get data. We also lock the data in for a short time when range becomes an issue. Having live data gave us a lot of opportunities to optimize the data handling.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    The nice feature of the FP probes is you walk back into range and they immediately get data. We also lock the data in for a short time when range becomes an issue. Having live data gave us a lot of opportunities to optimize the data handling.
    Hats off to you sir, you're doing a fine job!
    I really enjoyed using my Job Link probes with MeasureQuick today, especially the fact that the measurements update much faster, seems like once every second or two instead of once every 5 seconds.

I did run into one infinite popup box about checking the probe connections when I turned off my probes without disconnecting in the app, or closing the app, then tried to use my phone later, but closing the app was all I had to do.
    Other than that one thing, actually firing up and using the probes is more seamless with MQ than the JL app,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Hats off to you sir, you're doing a fine job!
    I really enjoyed using my Job Link probes with MeasureQuick today, especially the fact that the measurements update much faster, seems like once every second or two instead of once every 5 seconds.

I did run into one infinite popup box about checking the probe connections when I turned off my probes without disconnecting in the app, or closing the app, then tried to use my phone later, but closing the app was all I had to do.
    Other than that one thing, actually firing up and using the probes is more seamless with MQ than the JL app,
    Thanks for the feedback Mark! Good to hear it is working well for you. The loop was not infinite; it was one pop-up for each lost probe. We will do some updates to make that better. The team did a lot of work on the connection and the probe management in the app to make it a good experience in MQ. Glad you noticed. Things will only get better with time. We did a lot of work on diagnostics and a first round of trending as well. Keep us in the loop with any improvements you wold like to see.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Can you use the Testo 550 with the Testo smart probes with MQ?

Post Likes
    Jim, with the Fieldpiece now paired up with MQ, would you say the FP is a better buy than the Iconnect?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Flezhen View Post
    Jim, with the Fieldpiece now paired up with MQ, would you say the FP is a better buy than the Iconnect?
    There are very few applications where the Fieldpiece Joblink probes might not have the range you would want, and we have addressed those issues by managing the measurements through the MQ software. We are adding many more features to the software features probes shortly. Dollar for dollar you cannot go wrong. They are solid. Measurement quality wise they are very much on par. Ease of Fieldpiece is much further ahead, especially when it comes to line temperature measurement. In my opinion, the Job Link Probes provide the best user experience to date.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Would you recommend using MQ on a commercial unit, something like a Daikin SWP, multi circuit water source unit? Or is it mostly just for residential? I’ve yet to use apps and wireless probes, but I want to get into it. I’ve been leaning toward iManold probes because of the pipe straps for larger stuff.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiler Guy View Post
    Would you recommend using MQ on a commercial unit, something like a Daikin SWP, multi circuit water source unit? Or is it mostly just for residential? I’ve yet to use apps and wireless probes, but I want to get into it. I’ve been leaning toward iManold probes because of the pipe straps for larger stuff.
    MQ is fine for commercial. Right now it is geared toward single stage equipment, but we are adding in a multi-circuit mode soon. The software can be used with Testo, Fieldpiece, and iConnect/iManifold. Right now for commercial, the strap probes provide the most flexibility for sure.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    MQ is fine for commercial. Right now it is geared toward single stage equipment, but we are adding in a multi-circuit mode soon. The software can be used with Testo, Fieldpiece, and iConnect/iManifold. Right now for commercial, the strap probes provide the most flexibility for sure.
    I’m torn. I feel like if I drop the ridiculous money on iConnect, Testo or FP will come out with a strap probe or something similar.

Are the iConnect strap sensors the same as the Cooper Atkins ones?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiler Guy View Post
    I’m torn. I feel like if I drop the ridiculous money on iConnect, Testo or FP will come out with a strap probe or something similar.

Are the iConnect strap sensors the same as the Cooper Atkins ones?
    Yes they are.
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Boilerguy, for what its worth, I bought the set up and hardly use. Only when I need the range.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Boilerguy, for what its worth, I bought the set up and hardly use. Only when I need the range.

What do you like using on commercial stuff?

Did you ever end up buying a laser alignment tool? Lol

Post Likes
    Not yet on the laser. Most times I use the Appions. Wish I bought the laser instead of the Iconnect.

Post Likes
    Yes they are.
    So with MQ, could I use Fieldpiece pressure probes with iConnect temperature straps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in