Post Likes

Condenser Not condensing

I have a 3/4 ton walk in condensing unit that is not. it has the correct charge. It was a R 22 unit but we have changed the Oil, evacuated,charged the unit with R 407C.
    The unit worked ok until the heat came on. It has bubbles in the sight glass, the liquid line is 100 + degrees. Using a infrared thermometer I can run down the return bends measuring their temperature. The first few rows the temp is lower at each lower row but after the 4th they stay the same, indicating no heat exchange. I feel like it has something stopping the heat exchange inside the tubes. Tech Cleaned the condenser, Fan is good fan shroud is good. Adding more charge just raises the head pressure.
    Any Ideas.?
    Once 20 years ago I ran into something similar,ended up changing the condenser and that solved the problem. I was thinking it was a waxing problem but after replacing the condenser we cut it in half and could not see any issue.

Post Likes
    Throw away the IR and get a temperature probe!

What’s your SH, SC & Discharge readings?

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?158850-Got-Questions-Help-Us-Help-You-Please-Read-Before-Asking-A-Technical-Question!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Throw away the IR and get a temperature probe!

What’s your SH, SC & Discharge readings?

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....nical-Question!
    Holy cow I just read through that thread! what's up with post 35?

Marketechs original Post in that thread should be required reading for many of us , myself included, at least once a year. Darn good post.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. Likes pecmsg liked this post
    Post Likes
    There are three main reasons for condenser problems.
    Outside debris: Because the condenser is located outside a house, it can sometimes suffer damage because from debris.
    Leaking refrigerant: The condenser connects to the indoor evaporator through a line that circulates the vital refrigerant between the two units to carry out heat exchange.
    Electrical failures: Electricity powers the motors inside the condenser that operate the fan and the compressor.

Post Likes
    Did you evacuate to 500 microns, charge with liquid or vapor should be liquid, drier changed. Most cases when changing to 407c txv has to be adjusted closed a little, charge is 85% of 22 charge. Said a tech cleaned the coil did he just brush it or also blew it out. Hows the fan motor amps, blade moving the right rotation. Check subcooling to charge.