+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Appears I must have gmail account to apply for pro business membership.

Post Likes

Appears I must have gmail account to apply for pro business membership.

When I follow the links to sign up for pro business access it forces me to sign up for gmail. REally? Do I have to log in to gmail to apply for business access?
    What if I can't remember my gmail address then can I just get a new one?

Post Likes
    Not exactly... The Gmail info was put there as a helpful link to make sure you are using the correct gmail account. Gmail is the most used email system here.

Underneath the Gmail info is the word "Required *". That is for all of the required info below that show an asterisk (*).

We do not require a gmail account. If you have a AOL, BellSouth, Yahoo address you will find they filter your email and decide on the email you can get or not. They do not work well with our domain.

So... you can use your old account or a new gmail or any other email you want.

3. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    you can have as many gmail addresses as you want.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    I'll try again and turn off all the anti malware software.

Post Likes
    There is no way I can enter any data to join the Business section without signing into my google account. It says "to fill out this form you Must Sign In". When you hit the "sign in" button it goes straight to a screen that says "sign in with your google account". There is no way around it. I tried my normal sign in email and it says something like "that is not a google account". If I fake it out to get the sign in window to go away then everything is grayed out and I cannot enter any data. As far as I can tell, none of my security software is interfering but that could still be the problem I don't know. I'll go try another computer now.

Post Likes
    Nope - it only will accept a gmail email and no other email brings joy.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    I just clicked on the "join here" button and it forces me to enter google gmail address. This is on a third computer far away from my home.
    Here is the link it directs me to:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...ewform?c=0&w=1

Post Likes
    We are looking deeper but for now... look at the bottom of this screen and click on Contact Us... send me a copy of business license and business card and I'll set you to pro B&M.

Post Likes
    that was on firefox. I'll go try another browzer.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I just filled in the Pro application and submitted it. It did not ask me for a gmail account.

@icemeister

Charlie. Can you verify please?
    Sorry I'm late. I didn't get my @icemeister message.

Yes I was going to tell you about this really strange application that came in this morning. I figured it was some jerk playing games.

Post Likes
    Don't bother... I was able to duplicate it.
    So are you saying you got a message requiring gmail from the MC Pro Member application? That's a new one for me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    So are you saying you got a message requiring gmail from the MC Pro Member application? That's a new one for me.
    Correct

Post Likes
    Correct
    I think I see the issue now.

Last week I changed the way the form handles file uploads. Previously we were using Google Dropbox with a link that takes the user to an upload page. From there the files got sent to the MC's Google Drive. We were having too many problems with file uploads not going through.

So last week I changed to Google Forms new uploader feature that places an uploader right on the form. I never saw the Gmail notice until right now when I went to the application's link on Htalk. It doesn't show anything about that on the form editor. Arrgh!

Anyway, I just checked into this with Google and it seems to be the result of another little change I made to the form settings, which is to limit the number of submissions to one. This came about because of several instances when a member submitted two or more forms for whatever reason. So the uploader wasn't the culprit as I had first thought.

Apparently, to make the one-time submit option work the user has to have a Google account. If I remove the one time submit, the Google account requirement goes away and anyone can then use the form and the uploader.

I'll add that to my "Things To Do Thursday" list.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thanks Charlie....

Make it right, I know you can. If you need help let me know...
    I'll let you test it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in