Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    "I am assuming," and "not normally found" kind of proves my point. But yeah, if it isn't non-critically charged "1" is the more correct answer.

Post Likes
    It's # 1.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    #1- A system charged to a full glass on a 70*F day and then that same system is operating properly (yes/no) on a 95*F ambient.

#2- A system charged to a full glass on a 95*F ambient and then that same system is operating properly (yes/no) on a 70*F ambient
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    What's pointless about it? Terry is making people think. There are 4 potential answers to his question. 1, 2, neither, both.
    if they are both working properly at both temperatures then they are obviously both charged properly so there is only one answer and there is no thinking involved, pointless .....

now if you expand the operating parameters then yeah there is some thinking involved ....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (hvacrskills)

II CORINTHIANS 3:6

“Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.”

the spirit of the law

The intended meaning of a law by those who wrote it, as opposed to a literal interpretation thereof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    "I am assuming," and "not normally found" kind of proves my point. But yeah, if it isn't non-critically charged "1" is the more correct answer.
    While I don't disagree that #1 is the more correct answer, I stand by my answer of both. There is going to be enough refrigerant in the receiver for #2 to be correct. During the summer months, your customer won't even notice an issue with the box until the receiver is less than 50% The 25* fluctuation in ambient during the summer months is not really a big deal and certainly doesn't equate to 25% of the charge
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    2sac, I pretty much said the same thing regarding what you find in the real world. But this seemed like a theoretical situation. And there is a reason I mentioned critically sized as well as critically charged. Critically charged could make "1" wrong, and critically sized could make "2" wrong. But yeah, real world, that minimal of a ambient difference... not much difference.

Post Likes
    general rule of thumb with a receiver that is charged to a 3/4 sight glass wait till temperature in the Box gets down and then Clear Sight glass doesn't matter what ambient. Then check for proper txv superheat and walk away.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

7. Likes hvacskills liked this post
    Post Likes
    So neither if box temp is high. You will be overcharged

9. Likes hvacskills liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    if they are both working properly at both temperatures then they are obviously both charged properly so there is only one answer and there is no thinking involved, pointless .....

now if you expand the operating parameters then yeah there is some thinking involved ....
    "pointless,no thinking involved" Really? How sad!

The point being that each system was charged at just 1 temp only and the Q was ,would these 2 systems operate correctly at the 2nd ambient temp operating condition.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    "pointless,no thinking involved" Really? How sad!

The point being that each system was charged at just 1 temp only and the Q was ,would these 2 systems operate correctly at the 2nd ambient temp operating condition.

of course you only zero in on my response .... dude you have no intention of having a constructive dialogue, never have never will, your only intention is your relentless and never ending attacks toward me ..... and no cant say I recall you ever correcting me on the spelling of non-condensables and I certainly wouldnt have felt like I was being " picked on " by you or anyone else if you did, I throw it back 10 fold thats what enrages you people ..... not to mention I consider the proper spelling, or lack there of, the word non-condensables an on going joke anyhow ......

perhaps you should have worded your original post PROPERLY because from what I seen most people assumed both units were working properly at the two different temperatures even though they were charged at two different temperatures.... not that you were asking if they would operate properly at the two different temperatures if they were charged at the two different temperatures ......

so now that I humored you and put my best foot forward trying to have a constructive dialogue only to see you once again zeroing in on me with your personal attacks do you mind if this can come to an end ? website is big enough for both to co exist without interacting seeing how its obvious nothing constructive or positive is ever going to come of this and certainly not how I want to start out my week

as the owner of the website says ....

#walkaway

#ignore
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (hvacrskills)

II CORINTHIANS 3:6

“Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.”

the spirit of the law

The intended meaning of a law by those who wrote it, as opposed to a literal interpretation thereof.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smithryan2101 View Post
    general rule of thumb with a receiver that is charged to a 3/4 sight glass wait till temperature in the Box gets down and then Clear Sight glass doesn't matter what ambient. Then check for proper txv superheat and walk away.

This is why a receiver is used, to account for varying loads. Sight glass needs to be full under all conditions.

Post Likes
    But even with a receiver you can still flood the compressor trying to clear sight glass with a hot box. Then an accumulator will update help. But you want to top off with box at designed temp

14. Likes hvacskills liked this post
    Post Likes
    Since the sight glass is full at 70 degrees and not 95 degrees could the condenser be dirty. It is condensing the gas at 70 degrees because of the cooler ambient but isn't at the higher temperature because of the condition of the condenser coil.

Post Likes
    For argument sake I'll ASSUME this "System" is perfectly matched. Same condensing unit, evaporator and heat load in the box. The SG is mounted at the receiver after the drier, the box is at or near temperature. If both systems have the same weighed in charge then:

#1 NO

#2 YES

17. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast