Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Likes
    Update on same unit. Just up sized the cooler for the vsd to a 1 million btu exchanger because you couldn't close the enclosure even with everything thing clean. It's tempt in.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The tube and shell ones are cleanable. Use clean chilled water with a control valve and now no cleaning needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Hi guys, I have to congratulate all of you for the support given to Industrialtech throughout this repair. Congratulations!!
    Industrialtech, this is for you, I noticed something on pg2-4th photo. That is that the surge margin adjust parameter is set to 0.0 hz. Meaning if the chiller does surge, it has not been given a direction of change. So it will remain at the surge point, I suggest setting it at 1.0 or 0.5 hz, so it has command to either increase or decrease by the above setting.
    Good work and good luck in all you do.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the input and this thread has become a work of art. I'm trying to keep everything in one location to help others later down the road. We have crossed many bridges on this thread related to a single chiller style. I need to fill out the app for Pro I've just been to busy.

Post Likes
    Just a couple of other points, I noticed on the Evaporator Screen you have the 50% setting for the vanes, this is normally set to 100% , the 50% setting slows down the response of the vanes by half. You may want to put that back up to default setting. Also, do you know from the compressor screen what the Surge Shutdown Count is and the time period, I find that the current default setting of 15 surges in 3 minutes to trigger Surge Shutdown is too much , a typical surge lasts around 10-15 secs, 4 surges a minute so over a 3 minute period means you will get 12 surges and the chiller won't shut-down on surge, surge can cause stress to the DC capacitor bank , SCR's and IGBT's . I typically set the Surge Shut-down count to 5 surges 5 minutes so you only need 1 surge per minute and after 5 minutes you will shut-down. And I agree with Bklyntek regarding the surge margin adjust. Good luck.

6. Likes IndustrialTech liked this post
    Post Likes
    That sounds like it may have been the primary reason the IGBT exploded. I'll make the corrections and I greatly appreciate all the advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by raptyr View Post
    Just a couple of other points, I noticed on the Evaporator Screen you have the 50% setting for the vanes, this is normally set to 100% , the 50% setting slows down the response of the vanes by half. You may want to put that back up to default setting. Also, do you know from the compressor screen what the Surge Shutdown Count is and the time period, I find that the current default setting of 15 surges in 3 minutes to trigger Surge Shutdown is too much , a typical surge lasts around 10-15 secs, 4 surges a minute so over a 3 minute period means you will get 12 surges and the chiller won't shut-down on surge, surge can cause stress to the DC capacitor bank , SCR's and IGBT's . I typically set the Surge Shut-down count to 5 surges 5 minutes so you only need 1 surge per minute and after 5 minutes you will shut-down. And I agree with Bklyntek regarding the surge margin adjust. Good luck.

Post Likes
    the prv control arm may have rusted in the cover and locked up. you can remove the cover and polish it the put the cover back on and see if it moves

9. Likes IndustrialTech liked this post
    Post Likes
    Anyone have the 160.55-M1 manual? the books referencing out for the tear down and troubleshooting guide for the purge unit on this machine. The motor failed on the purge unit.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345