Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Various jobs

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Why did they ban the Kux ?

PHM
    -------
    Dad told him to lay off the posting of BS, then he went into the General forum to bypass the no DIY rules and gave step by step instructions to an AOP-guy.

thekux can log-in and read the basic forums but cannot PM, cannot post, and had his Pro membership revoked.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectionist View Post
    Nice job! 👍. Your metal work is over the top, looks great I like your return spacer/ base in the last pic... have you ever measured static on that or know what kind of equivalent length it works out to be? Just curios .
    Thanks! I have tried over the years to become more and more proficient and consistent with my start up procedure including taking various duct static readings. Not sure which one you're asking about, the last one in the original post or the last picture I posted from my buddy's job, they both had very acceptable tesp thanks to proper sizing and decent duct design (at least on my buddy's job) but I cannot attest to the total equivalent length calculations. Can't be much as it's basically an extension of the blower cabinet and only improves airflow.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Why did they ban the Kux ?

PHM
    -------
    Because he gave kux (it means sh!t) advice and gave everyone the kuxs.

4. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    his last name was kuxhouse, too

6. Likes Lahrs liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    his last name was kuxhouse, too
    No wonder, he had issues and just came here just to put turds in the punchbowl.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

The genius of the United States Constitution - when it frustrates the government, you know it is working. Truly, a timeless quote!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

hvac_marc said "it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole."

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

8. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Looking good

Quote Originally Posted by taylor2 View Post
    It has been a while since I've posted, I've been busy and haven't had much time to browse. Been catching up a bit tonight on recent activity. Glad to see some of my favorite WOP posters are still at it, but frankly disappointed at a lot of what I've seen with some stuff I just can't fathom being anything but a joke. So I submit for your criticism a few jobs from recent months. I will have more to come but these are just a few that jumped out at me first.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Taylor,

In Your first pick, .... Does your Local Authority allow the condensate to be inserted in to the floor drain?

Down here, Hamilton & Clermont Counties want an "air gap".

And I agree with everyone else, ... Your Metal Work is OutStanding!

In that last Pic,... Post#11, .. That Drier Vent has got to be causing issues. SMH.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Long time no see Taylor. I see you haven't lost your touch, everything looks great.

How do you like the new S9 furnaces?

Post Likes
    Thanks everyone, yes it's been a while but we've been busy and life's been busier! David, technically there is still an "air gap" in that drain. That's a project the homeowner is going to be addressing. All of his floor drains are old bell traps and he's going to update them soon. The 90 is just pushed on to keep it in place for now. I actually got a first time request on that job to pressure test the vent pipes as the route they took took would have been quite difficult to replace them. Found one leak on a double 90 but came up with a simple but effective way to do a quick pressure test. Does anyone ever take the time to pressure test vent lines new or reused? Used a test plug on one end and a fernco cap on the other end. Drilled a hole in the fernco cap and made up an adapter to hook up nitrogen. The drier vent you mentioned, yeah, I mentioned that to him. Still dangerous on electric driers but when I see gas driers like that I pretty much insist the customer let me fix it if they aren't capable.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Long time no see Taylor. I see you haven't lost your touch, everything looks great.

How do you like the new S9 furnaces?
    I'm liking the s9 furnaces. I really like the simplicity of service work on them. If you ever have to change a control board, all you need is a Phillips screwdriver and less than 5 minutes. Had a couple that fell into a board recall, would run a couple cycles then have a flame sensor error. I guess it affected a few boards and a few different furnace makes. Can't wait to try out taking a blower out down the road. Looks like it should be a lot simpler than most others. The biggest con to me so far is needing a spacer for effective installation of an appropriately sized filter. Have only had one situation where I had to compromise and install a 16x25 honeywell media directly to the furnace, but my tesp with filter was still very acceptable so I guess it works, I just don't like doing it. None of the local stores carry the 16x20 cartridges and most of our customers prefer to take care of purchasing filters on their own.

Post Likes

And more

This one was at a contractor friend's parents' house. This contractor has done some installs mostly on his own until we partnered up. Funny thing is, general contractor, does top notch work, his hvac installs surpass the quality of most professional companies around here. Had to add my touch with the radius return boot and double radius plenum.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12