Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Screw the building Dept..... didn't someone from there say everything was Okey Dokey?

Licensed PE stamping a set of plans.

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Gotta love the Brown and Adams county inspections.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWil View Post
    Gotta love the Brown and Adams county inspections.

Ours are about the same.........

The only thing i liked about Mike Holmes

Code is Minimum!

Post Likes
    Lol homes by Holmes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    The only way that I've ever "Cut a Brace" was after approval by the Building Department, which also involved a Structural Engineer.

That way, "If"/ "When" something happens, the Approved Work that has that County/ State letter head at the top, greatly prohibits any fingers being pointed my way.

Lol! Here in Brown County, prior to the Building Department being formed, I worked on a Custom Home overlooking the Ohio River, & the Home was built by a Contractor that "Knew His Stuff" about Flooring, Tile-work, Custom Trim work etc., .... But he didn't "Know Squat", about Basic Carpentry, such as the proper spacing of floor joists etc.

We installed a Condensing Gas/ HP System, with Duct-work, & a 200 Amp Service, & also re-worked some of the Branch Circuits that he Tinkered with.

This Guy then decided that he wanted a Stone Fireplace in his dining room, and he built it, about a year after We had finished his System.Matter of fact, he invited me down to see what he had done, & It Absolutely was Fantastic Looking.

He called me very early on a New Years Day, about two years after We had finished his Install, & roused me from a Beverage Induced Sleep, ..... And he was still drinking. He mumbles, ... "Dave I need you to come down & fix th' Duct-work, wiring, & water-lines!" Apparently, .... as my customer was bringing in the New Year, with quite a crowd celebrating with him, .... that Fireplace & Chimney decided that the Floor Joists weren't gonna hold all of that weight, & it all came crashing down in to his Dining room.

From what he told me, a few of his friends "Got Stoned", but there weren't any serious injuries.

My Point here is, .... My customer didn't pour a concrete pad, below the "Frost Line" for this Fireplace, ..... He built it all on his flooring, & then towered it up above the roof.

If he had gotten an Engineer involved, .... He wouldn't have had to put out MAJOR $$$$ to repair his home.
    This didn't happen to be off 52 did it?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Screw the building Dept..... didn't someone from there say everything was Okey Dokey?

Licensed PE stamping a set of plans.
    No Sir, ... The Building Department didn't exist at that time.

All they had was the Health Department, & a Required Electrical Inspection, for any building/ Property served by Duke Energy.

I've seen homes being built with just concrete sloped on the ground, & then Concrete block laid on top of that. The walls came down the First Winter.

I've run Service Calls (Electrical), on a Home, that had Pitch covered Rail-road ties for floor joists, & Solid wood doors covered with Drywall for internal walls.

On a Store/ Pool Hall Apartment Building, to my east, I got a Service Call for "Loss of Power/ Flickering Lites", .... I could go on, & on, & on, about that Job, but One Outstanding "Good Ole Boy" piece of work, was Cloth wrapped #2 Feeder from the Main panel, laying on the steps that led up to the Apartments, ... The Tenants were told "Do Not Step on The Wire". I think that might of worked, if the Bar across the street wasn't so popular, & a lot of traffic went in & out of those Apartments.

Ya'll, ... Where I'm at, is so backward, I'm looking for Andy from Mayberry to run for County Sheriff.

The Brown County Building Department is less than 20 years old, & it still doesn't have a Mechanical, nor Electrical Department.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    This didn't happen to be off 52 did it?

Yes it was Jeff, ... Do You know this Guy, He made Big Money installing Flooring in Hamilton, Clermont, Butler, Warren Counties
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    No but heard about it

Post Likes
    No but heard about it

What Counties do You cover?

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Post Likes
    Brown, Clermont, Hamilton, Warren, Highland, Clinton, Butler, all of nothern KY I'm sure others I'm not listening

12. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    You did fine this shows other visitors to the site why you don't want to use this company or the installer any ways
    No. Don't post pics like that with a company name. The site doesn't want any involvement with any legal ramifications.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

14. Likes JeffWil, DavidDeBord liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123