+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Member Tagging

Post Likes
    nice try. I still didnt get it. Adding the notified threads to my control panel only had no effect.

I cant turn on the email notifications. It blows up the mailbox.

There's nothing positive I can say about Nest thermostats, except maybe 1 thing. They're POO.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Honestly I don't get the utility of it, either.

And I'm likely to completely forget about the feature after tonight. But it was fun to summon newoldtech for no good reason. :grin:
    I know I'm resistant to change, but first I found that here in Ecuador, for advertising most businesses use Facebook instead of a website. The government ministries issue official news and notices on Twitter and most personal communication is via Whatsapp. So kicking and screaming, I signed up.

3. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    I know I'm resistant to change, but first I found that here in Ecuador, for advertising most businesses use Facebook instead of a website. The government ministries issue official news and notices on Twitter and most personal communication is via Whatsapp. So kicking and screaming, I signed up.
    Oh, Jeez. I would be so annoyed!

I don't have any social media accounts. Unless you count this site - and I don't.

Post Likes
    I have this site, the Ridgid Forum, and Facebook for community references regarding my reef tanks.

I dont have the Tweeter, Instagram, Tinder or the others.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Oh, Jeez. I would be so annoyed!

I don't have any social media accounts. Unless you count this site - and I don't.
    Example:
    Last week our electricity went out at 4:45 AM. That in itself isn't unusual because when they do maintenance here, since they don't have any means of just shutting down a small portion of the local grid for a repair, they knock out several towns. Calling the electric company is fruitless as they won't give you any information and if they do, there's a good chance they just tell you what you want to hear so you go away. So I went back to sleep.

I woke up at 6:30 AM and still no power. The neighbors didn't know what the problem was had the same resigned response..."It'll be back on soon."

By 10 AM I got desperate and the neighbors had gone to work or school, so I'm on my own. Reluctantly, I sought out Twitter for info, and shortly after, I had an answer. An underground main line had been cut affecting 300,000 people. They had already restored power to the west of us and we would be back on shortly. In about 30 minutes things were humming along nicely.

So I put Twitter back for another day and another crisis.

Post Likes
    Example:
    Last week our electricity went out at 4:45 AM. That in itself isn't unusual because when they do maintenance here, since they don't have any means of just shutting down a small portion of the local grid for a repair, they knock out several towns. Calling the electric company is fruitless as they won't give you any information and if they do, there's a good chance they just tell you what you want to hear so you go away. So I went back to sleep.

I woke up at 6:30 AM and still no power. The neighbors didn't know what the problem was had the same resigned response..."It'll be back on soon."

By 10 AM I got desperate and the neighbors had gone to work or school, so I'm on my own. Reluctantly, I sought out Twitter for info, and shortly after, I had an answer. An underground main line had been cut affecting 300,000 people. They had already restored power to the west of us and we would be back on shortly. In about 30 minutes things were humming along nicely.

So I put Twitter back for another day and another crisis.
    I was just going to comment on how funny it is to think that a country with such haphazard infrastructure uses something like Twitter to make announcements to it's citizens.

Then I re-thunk that and realized it made perfect sense. :Grin:

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I was just going to comment on how funny it is to think that a country with such haphazard infrastructure uses something like Twitter to make announcements to it's citizens.

Then I re-thunk that and realized it made perfect sense. :Grin:

Yes, and when you consider that the current US President is using Twitter extensively to express his thoughts and opinions, it's not no surprising a little, developing country like Ecuador uses it for its propaganda and civil communications as well.

Post Likes
    Yes, and when you consider that the current US President is using Twitter extensively to express his thoughts and opinions, it's not no surprising a little, developing country like Ecuador uses it for its propaganda and civil communications as well.
    Let's see what they both have to say for themselves.

@therealDonaldTrump

@therealgovernmentofEcuador

10. Likes Nuclrchiller liked this post.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in