Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes

The Next Government Shutdown

So, Trump has threatened to not sign any further budget unless it contains funding to build a wall on our southern border. And to shut down the government.

Any takers on how that's going to play out? Or what he'll have to give up to get that funding?

One thing is for certain, he realizes how bad he effed up the last budget, he's even said so. You know what they say, once bitten twice shy.

My guess it will be a protracted debate, where Trump will end up taking most of the heat.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Bring it on and screw the commie Democrats. Yeah. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

4. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    When will Trump haters learn. Trump don't blink. I expect him not to sign anything without the funding he wants. The republican haters and swamp people will ever learn. FYI the government never shuts down.Extra paid vacation days baby. I think he should have shut it down last time. Lets watch the swap dwellers squirm now as the deadline approaches. Should be fun. Trump can handle the heat can they.

6. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We ought to make it like a lottery on how long the shutdown will last.

I pick 25 days.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

8. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It will be short if he closes down the welfare offices, nea, and epa instead of national monuments and keeps paying military and retired SS recips.

Talk about a demon meltdown heads exploding!
    Last edited by rcstl; 08-01-2018 at 01:54 PM. Reason: remove remove duplicate dulicate word word

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

10. Likes ga-hvac-tech, lions_lair liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I pick zero days. Trump will sign whatever they shove in front of him.

Just like he did before.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    It would be funny if the construction began and the steel was imported.
    Maybe the people hired to build the wall could be Mexicans. They are available, cheap, non-union, no bennies. Sounds like the people working at Trumps hotels and golf courses. One guy staying at the Washington hotel said the only thing made in the USA was the M&M's he had sent up. They were $15 BTW.

Trump has spent too much time in his bubble. He treats our government as his. Now he says if he doesn't get his way he'll take his ball home. There are probably many ways to solve the border problem but not if your way is the only way.
    If the attitude that prevails is to hurt the opposition....Sad
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

13. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    It would be funny if the construction began and the steel was imported.
    Maybe the people hired to build the wall could be Mexicans. They are available, cheap, non-union, no bennies. Sounds like the people working at Trumps hotels and golf courses. One guy staying at the Washington hotel said the only thing made in the USA was the M&M's he had sent up. They were $15 BTW.
    Don't go to many hotels? Water I buy for pennies at a store is dollars in the hotel bar. Same for Snickers. Try a little harder....

I like the idea of using invaders to build the wall, they can sleep wherever and git 'er done. Like dating homeless women, just drop them off wherever.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

15. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Midterm elections are going to complicate things a lot... for sure Trump should have been much more involved and stood his ground at the last budget deadline.

17. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    On a large construction project like the wall, its a given that there will be illegal workers toiling away. Our government does just as bad a job at vetting workers as the private sector.

You get J&J concrete out there working on the wall... they probably sign a paper saying that to the best of their knowledge all their workers are legal... and thats probably as far as it gets.

J&J = Juarez and Jaucinto

Chewbacca Mom 2016

19. Likes rcstl, DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    On a large construction project like the wall, its a given that there will be illegal workers toiling away. Our government does just as bad a job at vetting workers as the private sector.

You get J&J concrete out there working on the wall... they probably sign a paper saying that to the best of their knowledge all their workers are legal... and thats probably as far as it gets.

J&J = Juarez and Jaucinto
    I am so laughing! J&J = Juarez and Jaucinto

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

21. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Every concrete contractor truck I see going down the road here is mexican. Roofers too.

Back in the 80s and 90s you would have companies with white guys... and then the mexican laborers...... and now the mexicans are running the companies.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

23. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Every concrete contractor truck I see going down the road here is mexican. Roofers too.

Back in the 80s and 90s you would have companies with white guys... and then the mexican laborers...... and now the mexicans are running the companies.
    They learned how to drive? Hark! Next thing you know they will be changing capacitors...... ...

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

25. Likes davidadavis, DavidDeBord liked this post.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast