+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fieldpiece, Yellow Jacket can sure take it !!!

Post Likes

Fieldpiece, Yellow Jacket can sure take it !!!

Hooked onto a 4 year old resi system the other day with YJ P51-870 to see why it was not cooling properly. High side pressure was hitting 805psi !! I immediately thought the gauge was acting dippy, so I hooked a Fieldpiece probe on and realized this was a massive overcharge!
    Both gauges were unharmed, along with the hoses, which were YJ.

Turns out this system was installed and apparently never checked and ran that way, (not cooling properly of course) for 4 years. The lineset was only about 6' long give or take, with condenser and air handler on either side of outside wall. Goodman sure is tough! Adjusted charge and cooling properly now.

Post Likes
    Did you need channel locks to get your high side back off the system? I was working on a 6 ton york rtu the other day. Was pushing 600 something head. Needed a rag around the low loss ftg to get it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I shut the sys down to unhook & hook up, so no trouble. I just cant believe it survived 4 yrs like that.

Post Likes
    Ive had 600 plus on my smans before...... funny how they can take that and yet one drop of rain can brick them.... lol
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Jonathan Lawson 2024

Post Likes
    Yeah, I was wondering how waterproof my YJ is. I'm still having trouble hanging on to connection with FP probes. It's a shame they are a great idea but can really be frustrating. When you're tired and just wanna get done, the probes seem to know it and really try your patients.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in