Thread: JB dm4-r

Post Likes

JB dm4-r

Anyone using this manifold? Looking for reviews

Post Likes
    Here's a forum thread from April of this year:

https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread...gital-Manifold

Post Likes
    I have seen this thread. I am looking to hear from someone who has some real world experiences with this set of digital gauges. The build quality looks great I’m just finding it odd that there is no mention anywhere about them in the real world.

Post Likes
    There doesn't seem to be much out there, but here's a youtube you've likely already seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcFLFfjOTNE

Edit: Looks like an older model.

Why not call JB and see if they know of any 'write ups' on the DM4-R?

Post Likes
    Thanks for the link. I’ve watched that too. That’s the old model I’m wanting the new digital revolver model

Post Likes
    I edited my last post to include the 'call JB' suggestion. But you might also try calling supply houses (local or not) to see what, if any feedback they've gotten.

Post Likes
    I do have the gauges on order but they were out of stock. I ordered them the end of June. I emailed JB and asked when I would expect them and they said the shipment wouldn’t come in until August. They say made in the USA but am worried they are coming from overseas. This would be my first set of digital gauges so I’m a bit nervous about the quality. I’ve also been looking at the Testo and Fieldpiece too. Trying to decide if I should back out of the JB digital set....can’t decide

Post Likes
    I can't speak for the JB gauges. I've mentioned in other threads that when my DigiCools give out, I'll probably buy a set of the smans. I already have the joblink probes, and they connect to the new sman. That said, JB is a reputable company, and I've no complaints with any of their products I've used. I have DV-200N vacuum pump that I bought 15 yrs ago. I changed the 'lovejoy' coupling once. Very reliable.

If you hold out for the dm4-r, give us updates. You may help the next guy looking.

Post Likes
    I do use jb gear and am happy with it just surprised there isn’t more reviews of there products in general. I’m sure I’ll hold out for the dm4. Thanks for your response and here’s to hoping someone else that’s using the dm4-r will chime in.

Post Likes
    Don't mean to hijack, but I can say I have the new Sman 380 and it is killer. It is far and away the best digital I've ever used. I've had Digicool Ak900, older Smans, etc and most recently YJ 870's which I loved. But I already had the JL probes, and the 380 just fit right in and now everything is on one screen. It is the easiest, fastest way to service a resi unit I've ever used, and it does it in real time. no getting idwb and oddb and doing the math. I know, I know, it pretty simple to do it the old way, but it's just really handy to see all of it on a screen. Now all I do is a quick TEET calc, and cond split and evap delt T in my head and I'm seeing the whole system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    Don't mean to hijack, but I can say I have the new Sman 380 and it is killer. It is far and away the best digital I've ever used. I've had Digicool Ak900, older Smans, etc and most recently YJ 870's which I loved. But I already had the JL probes, and the 380 just fit right in and now everything is on one screen. It is the easiest, fastest way to service a resi unit I've ever used, and it does it in real time. no getting idwb and oddb and doing the math. I know, I know, it pretty simple to do it the old way, but it's just really handy to see all of it on a screen. Now all I do is a quick TEET calc, and cond split and evap delt T in my head and I'm seeing the whole system.
    And better yet, it does it wirelessly. The original Joblink system was abysmal at staying connected. The new Joblink probes left those connection issues in the dust.

Post Likes
    I wholeheartedly agree! The first JL system was poor to say the least. The new probes are light-years better. I hope anyone put off by the originals will not be afraid to give the new ones a try.

Post Likes
    Over the years I have purchased a few JB tools and all of them turned out to be pure garbage, junk, done with them for good!
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    How big are the new sman 380s in the hand

Post Likes
    They are slightly smaller than the older smans, and way sturdier built. I was afraid of the size, but after seeing them and using them, they're fine.

Post Likes
    How is the new sman in size compared to the Testo? Anyone willing to take a shot of the new sman in there hand so I can get an idea as to how big it is? Pulling my hair out trying to decide on a digital gauge set.

Post Likes
    One thing I don't like about the sman line is that the manifold is built in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    One thing I don't like about the sman line is that the manifold is built in.
    Digital Manifold recommendations??

Post Likes
    As mentioned, at present, if I were to buy another digital manifold, it would be the new sman. I already have the JL probes, which is incentive, but I also don't really see any other digital manifold that appeals to me. I don't like the manifold being built into the body, but it is what it is. The fact that the manifold connects to the probes is a huge selling point for me.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in