Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

Post Likes

Help

I've got a walk in. 30 x 10 x 8. 2 3.5 s and two five fan evaps. Everything is wet. This is a real life question. help.

Post Likes
    What is 23.5?
    Low ned temp
    Cond unit and evap #’s
    Refrigerant
    Operating pressures
    Operating temperature
    SH & SC

Post Likes
    (2) 3.5 HP condensing units. Scroll.

Post Likes
    404A

TD maybe?

Post Likes
    I'm guessing this is a cooler.

Tell us what you see:

Is everything running?

Are the sight glasses full?

Are the coils froze up?

Are the condensers clean?

Are the evaps clean?

What pscmsg said.

Post Likes
    According to this you should have 18,000 - 20,000 BTU capacity for a cooler.

2-3 1/2 tons may be too large........we need the Make & Model #'s
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Likes
    If the system is oversized the temperature will pull down and be satisfied before it has had enough time to properly dehumidify. If the system was designed with a typical 10°F or 15°F TD, the lack of run time, like 10 hrs/day instead of the typical design of 18-20 hrs/day, will drive the RH way up.

Try staging the two systems so one runs to maintain normal box conditions while the other is there for heavy loads, high ambients , etc.

8. Likes baub liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I wonder if the box is new and has no load? If it’s in a kitchen use it in real scenario ie leave the door open
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

10. Likes icy78 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    We suspected it had a low load. Also that the slab it is on had an issue with being wet. We have sized these boxes before and they all work fine.

Post Likes
    Double post Fred Flinstone fingers.

Post Likes
    How are you controlling the two condensing units? Are they on separate temperature controls or are they on a single control?

The problem appears to be insufficient load and too much cooling capacity running at the same time. You mentioned in another thread that this box is sized for a heavy beer load which isn't there t this time, so therein lies you problem.

If you offset the setpoints of the two condensing units by a couple of degrees, the one unit will run longer to satisfy the temperature and dehumidify better in the process. It's a simple solution and the best and most common method of controlling such a setup.

14. Likes hvacskills liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    How are you controlling the two condensing units? Are they on separate temperature controls or are they on a single control?

The problem appears to be insufficient load and too much cooling capacity running at the same time. You mentioned in another thread that this box is sized for a heavy beer load which isn't there t this time, so therein lies you problem.

If you offset the setpoints of the two condensing units by a couple of degrees, the one unit will run longer to satisfy the temperature and dehumidify better in the process. It's a simple solution and the best and most common method of controlling such a setup.
    brilliant, it never stops .... that is a really good idea

Post Likes
    That is the best idea I believe, however each condensing unit is pair with a 5 fan evaporator so half the display doors will be warmer than the other side if the temp controls are set apart too far.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlandru View Post
    That is the best idea I believe, however each condensing unit is pair with a 5 fan evaporator so half the display doors will be warmer than the other side if the temp controls are set apart too far.
    Display doors ? Did you mention that earlier ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlandru View Post
    This depends on how the evaporator are piped. Most coolers that I've seen and installed that have four evaporators and two condensing units have the evaporator interlaced so every other evaporator is on the other system.

If your's are not piped this way, it's not usually a major job to repipe them so they can be staged without one end of the box being warmer than the other.

Post Likes
    They do make a Lead Lag controller that with help with that problem. 1st on 1st off. Ill see if i can find the link

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    They do make a Lead Lag controller that with help with that problem. 1st on 1st off. Ill see if i can find the link
    When you looked up the box load did it included glass doors ? I haven't looked at that yet.

Post Likes
    This depends on how the evaporator are piped. Most coolers that I've seen and installed that have four evaporators and two condensing units have the evaporator interlaced so every other evaporator is on the other system.

If your's are not piped this way, it's not usually a major job to repipe them so they can be staged without one end of the box being warmer than the other.
    Icemeister, I read that he had 2-5 fan evaporators.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Icemeister, I read that he had 2-5 fan evaporators.
    Yes, you're right.

I had it in my head that each unit had a pair of evaporators. Duh...

Post Likes
    Yes, you're right.

I had it in my head that each unit had a pair of evaporators. Duh...
    You still bring up a good solution for that scenario.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast