+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new construction

Post Likes

new construction

Found this beauty on a very nice new construction house.

2. Likes DavidDeBord, kdean1, CircusEnvy liked this post.
    Post Likes
    And what is this device supposed to do looks like a UPS from the outside

4. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscross2590 View Post
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

6. Likes Tommytools liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Is that "All" of the Return Air?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    If I were going to do that due to space issues, I'd at least have put a square to round on it.

9. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Spaceguard media cabinet? If there were transitions I bet the fpm is very very low at least

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

Post Likes
    I feel sorry for the homeowner. The Builder knows what crap they're getting. Low bid got this one

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    yes that is a media cabinet but when you pull the filter out it is only using the area that the duct is touching meaning they're going through them faster also un insulated on the sides metal raising ra temp at unit

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscross2590 View Post
    For new construction theres a lot of rust in that overflow pan.

14. Likes DavidDeBord, CHAINIK liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Hey, it's all good, they taped the metal plates to the cabinet so it's sealed. Besides once the middle of the media gets plugged the air will start to go out to the clean part of the media so it will all get used over the 4 year life of the media. Oh wait, that media is only supposed to go for a year.

All I can say is it is very apparent that they didn't read the install instructions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    For new construction theres a lot of rust in that overflow pan.
    Pec is Right.

For New Work, ... Why is all of that Rust in the overflow pan?

Post Likes
    Oh shoot they wanted a space guard installed. Well no problem we will just cut the ra flex and put one inline.

Or did they read the sticker on the door of the unit after the install. The one that says: The filter shall be installed on the outside of unit. Oh I can fix that easily. ( I know I see the filter door on the bottom of the coil) I just have seen too many with a label like that and a filter laying in the unit.
    There is only one truly right way to do something, but there are thousands of wrong ways to varying degrees to do it.
    So the question is: If you don't do it right, then how wrong is it going to be???

Post Likes
    I will day that I am intrigued with this picture and got me thinking,,, I see attic systems (northern boys don't see many) where the air handler is in a position that a customer would not get to and changing the filter is something that never happens on the customers end. I am envisioning using a honeywell cabinet vertical in the ceiling so the opening is flush with the ceiling in a closet, adding transitions to both sides and running the return to 1 side and the other side back to the air handler in the attic. This would allow the customer to very easily replace the filter from the conditioned space. Just a thought. Maybe this is common practice but I have never seen it done and I hate 1" ceiling filter racks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroogod View Post
    I will day that I am intrigued with this picture and got me thinking,,, I see attic systems (northern boys don't see many) where the air handler is in a position that a customer would not get to and changing the filter is something that never happens on the customers end. I am envisioning using a honeywell cabinet vertical in the ceiling so the opening is flush with the ceiling in a closet, adding transitions to both sides and running the return to 1 side and the other side back to the air handler in the attic. This would allow the customer to very easily replace the filter from the conditioned space. Just a thought. Maybe this is common practice but I have never seen it done and I hate 1" ceiling filter racks
    Honeywell sells a 4" filter grille that you could probably put in the ceiling. Check out the FC40R line.

20. Likes kangaroogod liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    Honeywell sells a 4" filter grille that you could probably put in the ceiling. Check out the FC40R line.
    I never knew these existed, thanks for the info. 2cfm per square inch initial with a .12 drop.

Post Likes
    Oh boy lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in