Post Likes

understanding blower motor problems

I was working on a furnace blower motor today and something i had not seen yet kept happening. You could trip the system off then back on again and the blower motor would start to run for about 2 mins then start to slow down tell it stopped. when it would stop you could not turn the blower motor tell you tripped the breaker then it would turn freely. This motor has no capacitor so what could it be relay? control board? bad motor?

Post Likes
    Motor ohms checks good but gets hot.

This unit was a disaster bad wiring had to replace almost all of the wiring because of a mouse nest shorted it now im worried i have done something wrong.

Post Likes
    banditman,

Unfortunately your not giving us enough info to really help you with this, even if you did, this would go into information that would help someone attempt to DIY their own issues that might be like yours. If you are a tech in the field like your bio says, get 15 good posts in and apply for pro status, and we can help ya out in the pro section of the site.

Post Likes
    So im confused what type of questions can i ask???

Post Likes
    Could be a worn out motor. What type of motor is it. Polyphase, Shaded pole, ECM etc?
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Well figured out why the motor was not working correctly. After pulling the motor it was obvious that it had been under water cant believe it was even working at all